Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 23:08, Waspy said:

Aye there is an event running the now till the 11 of November to help launch daily bonuses. It's nice to get a ton of stuff.

Only till the 11th, thats baws, thought it might have been a permanent move and they were planning on releasing a ton of new pokemon, 

12 hours ago, Yonas said:

Decided to get the original games for Game Boy and play through then.

bought Yellow for a change to have Pickachu. Presume it's the same story as red and blue?

Pretty much.  Some things have changed.  Your rivals starter is always the same, as is yours.  Some encounters in the game have changed to resemble the cartoon story from what I can recall.

Only till the 11th, thats baws, thought it might have been a permanent move and they were planning on releasing a ton of new pokemon, 

Agree, I think they should make it permanent.

Bloody niantic have changed the game again, if you're going over a certain speed no pokemon spawn and pokestops dont work, utter pish for passengers in a car, 

Aye, it's shite!

Wonder if we'll see another event similar to the Halloween one around Christmas time, water/ice types this time?

Saw a rumour that a December update will introduce trading and PvP battles, Gen 2 Pokemon and something to with legendaries too. Hopefully they've sorted the fucking nearby tracker by then :lol:

Maybe time to have separate threads to separate the actual games from the crap mobile app. :P

Got the Sun/Moon demo a couple days ago and finished that. Basically gets you a few thousand worth of sellable stuff to kick start your wallet and a unique Greninja. Looking forward to it.

Picked up sun early from G-Force in Glasgow earlier today, only played perhaps 30 minutes so I really can't say much yet, but one feature I like is they moved that Poke anime (I think that's the name?) mode were you can interact with your pokemon to a post battle kinda thing were you can reward your pokemon for a good battle, cure them of illness, cool them off with a hair dryer if they are too warm, feed them treats etc, it's a nice touch. 

Squad as the sit at the moment, I've not been playing this non stop, been right into my Dayz this week so I've only managed 5 hours maybe. It's a solid game thus far but you know what it's like when you are determined to finish something on a game lol. Next few days I should really start clocking up the hours. The event Munchlax is a great addition to the team, that happy hour move that doubles cash helps you massively. 

I would strongly recommend that you turn off exp share, cause like X/Y and OR/AS it makes thing far too easy. The game has a great vibe, the setting is excellent. The UI is really well put together to minimize the amount of navigation you will have to do, the addition of a quick pokeball function to battles, being able to decide if a newly captured pokemon goes straight into your team in exchange for another or straight to your box, the removal of HM moves, every little gripe is removed to make everything nicely streamlined without dumbing down the game at all

20161124_104237.jpg

Missed the event Munchlax so I didn't get that. Got the bonuses from the demo though.

I don't like it yet tbh. Too much unnecessary hand holding and cut scenes with c***s waving at each other. Alola! f**k off p***k. You're wearing a lab coat with no shirt under it.