Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

• 1 month later...

Sun/Moon Demo is available to download. If you complete it you can transfer a special Greninja which has a unique special form called "Ash-Greninja" some kind of new system, it doesn't become more powerful like a Mega Evolution but it's signature move "Water Shuriken" does double damage. 

Overall I enjoyed the demo, it has a heavy Caribbean vibe. Battles feel more fluid, nice looking UI. 

Oh and the demo reveals something that is rather significant, HM moves are gone! Seemingly replaced by a new system they introduced in the demo. Rather than use Rock Smash you can summon a Tauros that you can ride(you can summon it anywhere and use it like a mount) which can charge into said rocks and destroy them. I dunno what they will do about the rest of the HM's but it's been revealed that in place of Surf you can summon a Lapras for example. Not how I would have approached it but glad to see the end of them. I have no problem with HM moves, but I hate having to give up a move slot. 

Still no mention of mega evolution in the game tho

I read somewhere that there won't be any new mega evolutions added, but you could mega evolve any Pokemon with the ability.

I'm trying to figure out the ultra beasts though.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I read somewhere that there won't be any new mega evolutions added, but you could mega evolve any Pokemon with the ability.

I'm trying to figure out the ultra beasts though.

After I posted my last message, I did a quick search, you're correct, those who can Mega Evolve will be able to do so but no new Mega Evolutions. 

No clue about the Ultra beasts though 

That's the final Evolution's of the starters revealed, we have

Grass/Ghost type Decidueye - Actually i really like this one, loving the typing and its easily the best looking of the 3. Switching from Grass/Flying at Evo 2 to Grass/Ghost is certainly a little odd but im pretty comfortable that this dude will be my starter I can see this one having good offenses and speed in exchange for poor defenses. Basically this will be the 7th gen Greninja
724Decidueye.png
Fire/Dark type Incineroar - First off, stupid fucking name, secondly, so obviously a fucking Fire/Fighting type until they realized people would rage at another one. Fire/Dark is a great typing tho, i can see this dude having High HP/Attack/Defense in exchange for being a little squishy against special attacks. 
727Incineroar.png
Water/Fairy type - Primarina - Which look's like a Mermaid/Seal, eh what? Good typing tho Having something super effective against Dragon's from the get go is definitely a plus, I can see this being a pretty popular one as people love a cute starter but not for me. Something tells me this one will be a special attacker with iffy HP
730Primarina.png

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Bit cheap but my bird is in Malaysia rn so I pestered her to log into my Pokemon go account to get me a Farfetch'D so I can brag.

I spent 2 weeks in Asia and never seen one.

If you haven't already, remember to get the Sun/Moon demo done so you can get the rewards

Plus there will be a specual Munchlax available for people who buy the game at release, dunno if its gonna be an event or a code in box but its a munchlax with access to a unique Z move, Oh and if you are in GAME there is a volcanion event going on at the moment. 

Lastly its been confirmed that Eevee has a unique Z move which boosts all its stats by 2 stages. 

Heavy speculation that there will be a post game set in an existing reigon like Kalos or Sinnoh, similar to how Gold/Heartgold did.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Loads more items from Pokestops after that update.

Wasn't any mention in the patch notes, just about the dailies.

Aye there is an event running the now till the 11 of November to help launch daily bonuses. It's nice to get a ton of stuff.

Guessing one of the updates made Pokemon appear more often, sitting in the house I'd usually just get a couple of pidgeys but getting a bit more variety and a lot more often. Hopefully get a Gen 2 update at some point soon-ish.

Finished Black during the summer and wanted to start Black 2 but couldn't remember where the f**k I've put it. Saw a Pokemon Yellow code in Game so that's downloaded on the 3DS but trying to wait until I've done my uni coursework to make a start on it.