Sign in to follow this  
Ad Lib

Pokemon Thread

On 13/08/2016 at 03:31, KingQuerrey said:

I'd disagree with that. Gen 1 has some of the worst designs in the entire universe. Magmar for example is a disgusting disgrace of a pokemon that looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. Ditto, Raichu, Tangela and Electabuzz are all dreadful too.

Can't forget Grimer/Muk.

Take it you stop getting free lucky eggs / incubators after a certain level?

I'm at level 17 now and can't remember the last free one of them I got. Pretty smart marketing, get em hooked then make em pay

Haven't used real money on this game though (yet).

Definitely get a few incubators at level 20. Not had a lucky egg in what feels like forever so use them wisely if you have leftovers.

You get lucky eggs, incense and incubators and 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40. Not sure on quantity after 20 (it was 2 of each at level 20).

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Take it you stop getting free lucky eggs / incubators after a certain level?

I'm at level 17 now and can't remember the last free one of them I got. Pretty smart marketing, get em hooked then make em pay emoji28.png

Haven't used real money on this game though (yet).

Level up rewards are listed here http://au.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-go/Level_Rewards_and_Unlockable_Items

49 minutes ago, Falkirkyabass said:

What is a lucky egg? Higher chance of a rarer Pokemon or? Just about to get my first one when I level up.

Doubles your exp for 30 mins.  Useful to combine with evolutions etc.

On 16/08/2016 at 16:59, powerthirst said:

Doubles your exp for 30 mins.  Useful to combine with evolutions etc.

Lucky egg on when you're at a few pokestops, lure them, stick an incense on on top of them, evolve in the middle of catches. 

Pokemon master before you know it. Got me a few levels quite easily. 

1 minute ago, PrestersKTID said:

Caught squirtle yesterday, now have all 3 starters. Then hatched another squirtle from an egg. beast

Is there not 4 starters? I thought it was Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu?

9 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Is there not 4 starters? I thought it was Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu?

Meant  Original starters but aye you can start with pikachu in this. Still haven't seen one

334 Pikachu from an egg.

I didn't know about the trick for starter Pokemon so good to have him, Squirtle (near evolution), Charmander & Bulbasaur.

ETA: If you tap on Pikachu its cool AF

Edited by Slenderman

Depends on area (or data usage, more specifically - the busier an area, the more pokemon spawn). You'll encounter stronger pokemon as you level up, but everyone sees the same.

Depends on area (or data usage, more specifically - the busier an area, the more pokemon spawn). You'll encounter stronger pokemon as you level up, but everyone sees the same.

Say two players were of vastly different levels. If they were side by side would they encounter the same pokemon