Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Glad the lassie wasnt seriously hurt but unless your on a night shift who goes playing the game in the middle of the night? And surprised this is the first local story ive heard about the app, it seems a pretty easy way for people to try and steal your phone, your engrossed looking at the screen, not paying attention to your surroundings 

Best time to go and take gyms so you can hold them for longer. Doubt I'd bother unless someone was driving though.

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I'm still trying to work out what they're doing with the old Pokemon in sun and moon, that new exeggutor is giving me the fear

Trying to breathe some life onto dead Pokemon, those whose role is much better filled by newer pokemon. Same thing they did when they introduced Mega Evolution in gen 6 and the additional Evolution some lines got in gen 4

15 hours ago, morrison said:

The smaller circle's better if you land it in the centre; gives you a better chance of catching the pokemon if you throw a 'nice', 'great' or 'excellent' (biggest to smallest circles).  You also used to get bonus XP for them, but that seems to've stopped since the last update.

Cheers. I was generally just aiming for when the circle was at its biggest or smallest, I figured one must be right.

On 4 August 2016 at 22:00, alta-pete said:

What a c**t.

It's a bairn's game that I got involved with to try and communicate with my boy where he had the upper hand, rather than me always being the know it all dad.

But you meet a random kid under 12 and completely burst it for him. By all means beat him but leave the kid with a door open for a comeback, eh?

You're now on par with the shit flinger. Proud?

:lol:

Fudge will have absolutely LOVED this post. 

If im being honest, I'd have done the same as Fudge. Kids need to learn how to lose as well as win. Also, f**k team Valor and team instinct 8)

I've been trying to get my hands on Heart Gold for a while now but prices on ebay are ridiculous. 

I'm sort of hoping some mug trades one in at game or cex not knowing the going rate, and also hoping the staff don't realise and nab it for themselves! A long shot but I have a look every time anyway!

Edited by #Gary

4 hours ago, #Gary said:

I've been trying to get my hands on Heart Gold for a while now but prices on ebay are ridiculous. 

I'm sort of hoping some mug trades one in at game or cex not knowing the going rate, and also hoping the staff don't realise and nab it for themselves! A long shot but I have a look every time anyway!

Just had a wee gander on ebay

Untitled.png

Its even worse for Soul Silver.. The first buy it now with the actual game and not the fucking box is £85

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I take it Pokemon Go has bumped all the prices up with everyone wanting to play them again.

HeartGold and Soulsilver seem to have taken the biggest hike. So glad I've still got my HeartGold because I would have just paid the £60-£70 to get it, it's a top top game.

1 hour ago, Turbo_dee said:

I got SoulSilver for my niece's birthday last year from CeX and it only cost £35 on their website. Might be worth checking that to see if someone has put a copy in somewhere.

No Joy there, seems they have clocked on

1.png

With Pokemon Go getting people interested in Pokemon again, plus Sun/Moon out soon and with this game largely considered the franchise best its gonna be pretty hard to find a reasonable deal methinks

Edited by EdgarusQPFC