Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm the same.

The lack of steps or the steps being stuck at 3 renders the game pointless for me. I had been dealing with the 3 step issue because I assumed there would be a fairly quick fix put in place but the latest update removed them completely.

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah I'm the same. The 3 step thing meant you could track things down and it felt more about skill. It's kind of just pot luck now as half the time the stuff on your nearby list just doesn't pop up at all. Only way of getting anything decent is via eggs and for every Bulbasaur, you seem to get 15 fucking Pidgeys.

Theres talk they're developing a "radar" system to replace the steps.

13886510_681550392009878_316257197621656

That would be stupendous. What we've got at the moment is pants. 

I've managed to find a Machop nest in Glasgow city centre. It's just across the bridge from the tiger mural on Clyde Street. Had one a day there for the last week or so. 

Got first 10k egg. Only way to get more incubators is buy them ?

Pretty much, as said. If you can get a couple of pokemon in a gym & claim your defenders' bonus, you'll rack up the coin to buy one quickly enough. Then begin the process all over so you can buy a replacement before it breaks...

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That looks incredible.

It does look like exactly what that system should be, tbh. Its just a rumour at the moment but you have to hope its leaked from within

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I've managed to find a Machop nest in Glasgow city centre. It's just across the bridge from the tiger mural on Clyde Street. Had one a day there for the last week or so. 

Went there today and there was about four lures going at the bridge and around 20 people standing on the raised part. There were also around 10 cars parked, with people inside playing the game, but they were on double yellows and the police asked them to leave. Quite the scene.

Walked about 25km all in today in a fairly fruitful session.

QQ: do you get more XP from evolving something which needs 50 candies, rather than something that needs 25 candies, for example?

Edited by Smurph

QQ: do you get more XP from evolving something which needs 50 candies, rather than something that needs 25 candies, for example?

Nah, a straight 500 XP for each evolution. I like your thinking, but no such luck.

8 minutes ago, morrison said:

Nah, a straight 500 XP for each evolution. I like your thinking, but no such luck.

Cheers man. That's kinda shite. Made a mistake by evolving all my Pigeottos into Pigeots.

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

That would be stupendous. What we've got at the moment is pants. 

seemingly the problem with the 3 step thing they had, the load for the servers to handle must have been brutal, say there's 2million people at anytime across the world with pokemon go up and running, and 9 pokemon on their nearby radar, thats 18million real time (almost) updates the games servers would have had to process, no wonder the servers were fucked at the start

the radar would be good, as at least you have the direction you need to walk in

Found an area of Greenock that is amazing. Just around the town hall there is about 7 Pokestops. James Watt, memorials etc etc.

10 mins & 46 Pokeballs (plus eggs etc)

Don't think I've ever been so disappointed. A Charmander silhouette appeared on my nearby list. Was keeping an eye on it, when suddenly it jumped to 1st and my phone vibrated. Excitedly I close the list to look at my map, and there sat... Paras :-(