Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I was a proper old school blue and red man myself, all these additional Pokemon are too much for me.

With that in mind I downloaded a Game Boy Advance emulator last night and fired up Pokemon Fire Red. It's basically just a more advanced re-make of the original and it's fuckin excellent.

Singleness and unemployment incoming.

Was that on an iPhone you got that gameboy emulator?

Was that on an iPhone you got that gameboy emulator?

Na, I'm android mate but I'm pretty sure you can get them for the iphone as well. Both I have were downloaded from the Google app store.

The one I have for the Game Boy Colour is called 'My OldBoy!' and the Game Boy Advance one is called 'My Boy!'. Just try to ignore the slightly creepy/weird names. Both of them can be bought (3 quid or something) for an add-free Pokemoning experience.

Crystal was also my favourite. Had a slightly more detailed 'plot' to the originals and I liked the legendary dogs more than the birds

Last one I got was sapphire for the advance. Very much enjoyed. Had an emulator for yellow on my old laptop but will probably give fire red a shot on my phone

I was a few months late to the party with Pokemon Yellow, and it was stolen when I got to around the 7th gym, so I never ended up completing it. My bread and butter is Gold and Crystal - owned both of them and must have completely them so many times. Crystal edged it because of the additional Suicune scenes. Got Emerald about 2 years after everyone else, and never played it too often, and never completed that or Pearl or White. Not sure I even reached the Pokemon League in the latter two. Completed HeartGold though as much as I could, which was the absolutely perfect game IMO. Don't have a 3DS and probably won't buy one, so the end of the console based games is over for me sadly.

Edited by Smurph

Gold/Silver were my jam. I also like Ruby/Sapphire and everything after that is lost on me. I've attempted to play Diamond/Pearl and Black/White but have never made it all the way through.

Blue/Yellow then Silver/Crystal for me. Playing through yellow on an emulator atm, graphics are attrocious, did they remake yellow?

I had a look for a Yellow remake but couldn't find anything. I must admit, the graphics on the Fire Red version still aren't great but they are miles ahead of the original Red/Blue/Yellow games. Red and Yellow are pretty much the exact same game so I'd recommend Fire Red on an Advance emulator.

Mr Mime has just popped up on Poke Vision in Grangemouth whilst I'm at work (in Falkirk). 10 mins timer left, should I stay or should I go?

Edit: Timer is at 1 min not 10 :(

Edited by Central

I had a wander into town today and there was a Ryhorn outside the jobcentre, unfortunately it didn't stampede and maul the top quality clientele gathered outside. So far I think I have hatched a Horsea and 2 nidorans or something else fairly rubbish

Just used my first lure on the only poke stop in my area along with a lucky egg and managed to level up twice in 30 mins. Picking up my sister from work in an hour so going to get on Poke Vision and find a few to catch whilst i'm out.

Just now, Yoshi-91 said:

dont know about you guys but poke vision seems to be crap in scotland in general. 

It is quite shite but think it's just your luck. If you deselect all and click on rare pokemon for example then just keep clicking in random streets all round a town you will probably find at least one of them.

It doesn't have compatability with 4th gen, but it does with 5th. It adds a additional app called poke transporter that allows you to move 30 pokemon from 5th gen at 1 time without need of a second DS, but if you wanna move 4th gen you are going to have to borrow a DS to move 4th gen to 5th then use the transporter. 

It's not a monthly sub, it's annual, £4.50 a year. If your sub runs out your pokemon are still safe. You can take them from your bank to a game, but not back to the bank. 

The more you use the bank you earn points that can be used as Pokemiles or BP. Also if you purchase and use the bank right now you get the 3 legendary Golems for free