Sign in to follow this  
Ad Lib

Pokemon Thread

1 hour ago, morrison said:

You'll be glad to hear it's not as bad as that - you can only claim your defenders' bonus once every 21 hours, but you don't need to hold a single gym during that time.

Example: I took 3 gyms in 20mins in Portobello on Saturday, 6pm. Immediately claimed my 3-gym bonus. Lost one almost instantly and the others during the night. Come 3pm yesterday I could claim any time - took 3 around Slateford at 5pm and claimed again straight away. I can get more any time after work tonight now.

I don't bother with them until I can claim my bonus.

So you can claim the bonus as soon as you take it?

Also these achievement things u get for getting so many kind of pokemons etc. What happens with it?

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Also these achievement things u get for getting so many kind of pokemons etc. What happens with it?

To my knowledge, f**k all

Needed 0.5k to hatch two eggs I've had for ages. Agreed to go shopping as I knew that would be enough to get me even closer. 

App crashed as I walked into Tesco :lol:

43 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Kyle - do you even bother catching Pidgeys and Rattatas and the like anymore?

Sometimes. I don't actually see as many as them as I do Magikarps and Drowseys, believe it or not.

Pidgeys are good for xp as they evolve on 12 candies (I think), but I wouldn't waste a great ball or an ultra ball on them.

So you can claim the bonus as soon as you take it?

Aye. If you haven't claimed before, just go straight into the 'shop' and click on the symbol in the top right (a shield with the number of pokemon defending gyms in it) to claim.

A countdown from 21hours starts as soon as you do it. When it runs out you can claim again.

3 minutes ago, morrison said:

Aye. If you haven't claimed before, just go straight into the 'shop' and click on the symbol in the top right (a shield with the number of pokemon defending gyms in it) to claim.

A countdown from 21hours starts as soon as you do it. When it runs out you can claim again.

Didn't know that. Held two gyms at the same time earlier for about an hour.

10K egg hatched with an Eevee so now have a 1112 CP Vaporeon and 856 CP Flareon. Otherwise we've been pretty quiet on the new pokemon front outside of an Aerodactyl at the Usher Hall. 

Been out a few hours at the town park. A lot of lures etc but nothing special. Then get 5 minutes from home and end up grabbing the first 4. Onix came from my 10km egg.

IMG_1469482575.942652.thumb.jpg.ac175aca

Caught a Hypno on my couch earlier, and another evee. Getting fed up of eevees

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Needed 0.5k to hatch two eggs I've had for ages. Agreed to go shopping as I knew that would be enough to get me even closer. 

App crashed as I walked into Tesco :lol:

Went for a walk to hatch these, phone crashed as they were hatching

Also i think ive just discovered Kyle on Facebook. Cant imagine theres many Saints fans with that name who spend their time posting their ridiculously good Pokemon on other peoples statuses.

7 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Just got a fairly sound Hitmonlee hanging about in town. Pleasing

Hitmonlee nest at Bevridge Park (Kirkcaldy)

Aerodactyl in my 10k egg that hatched today (cp 842)

Don't understand how people keep getting so many eevees. I have only came across 3 or 4 since release. (That's Australia release not uk, I didn't wait about )

Likewise, I haven't caught a single Eevee yet, I'd gladly trade living in a Drowzee nest for an Eevee one. I've caught fucking 104 Drowzee so far. Hell, I'd even rather have Pidgey or Rattata so I could farm xp with evolutions.

Eevee is my 4th 'most caught' behind Pidgey, Zubat & Drowzee, I've caught 54 of the things.

Only caught 15 Rattatas though, haven't even seen a Growlithe :(

1 hour ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Hitmonlee nest at Bevridge Park (Kirkcaldy)

Have nae clue about nests in Dundee but there's a park near where I live that always seems to have a bunch of growlithe's. Spotted a hitmonchan on my radar thing too but it was gone before I could go looking for it. b*****d.

Just ordered a 3DS. Didn't realise you can digitally download the games onto the device.

Is there a difference between Heart gold & Soul silver? Or just that you can get Ho-oh or Lugia as the legend Pokemon?