Sign in to follow this  
Ad Lib

Pokemon Thread

You get around 4-5 pokemon with an incense on and not moving but very rarely are they anything other than your common zubats, ratatta etc.

IMG_1469298957.048067.jpg

Got this devil fish. Never even had the first evolution on my map yet.

Goldeen is the pre-evolved form.

IMG_1469298957.048067.jpg

Got this devil fish. Never even had the first evolution on my map yet.

Goldeen.

Using incense in your house/flat. Have people been successful or better to be on the move ?

It's written in the code that you should get one every 1-2 minutes i you're walking about with an insence. If you're just sitting about then it's about every 5 minutes

If you use a lure do you need to stay in the same place or can you walk about? How long does it last and is it better than incense or much the same? I've got lucky eggs too so don't know which works the best or if you need to stay still while they are on? Cheers.

Seems it's been verified that pokemon spawn rates increase with the number of people close to you using the app at that moment. 

Rather disappointing that is the case, cause once the hype fades on the game and people stop playing it as much it's going to be harder to find anything. 

I suspect that the hype will fade quickly once social media get bored of the game. Cause let's be honest, outside of catching pokemon there's nothing else to do, the gym/battling mechanic is awful, you can't trade with friends, battle with friends or any the other things that make pokemon fun

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Seems it's been verified that pokemon spawn rates increase with the number of people close to you using the app at that moment. 

Rather disappointing that is the case, cause once the hype fades on the game and people stop playing it as much it's going to be harder to find anything. 

I suspect that the hype will fade quickly once social media get bored of the game. Cause let's be honest, outside of catching pokemon there's nothing else to do, the gym/battling mechanic is awful, you can't trade with friends, battle with friends or any the other things that make pokemon fun

Its a shame, by the time these things are added the hype with have gone.

Would rather they waited until they had all the features added before release. 

11 hours ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

If you use a lure do you need to stay in the same place or can you walk about? How long does it last and is it better than incense or much the same? I've got lucky eggs too so don't know which works the best or if you need to stay still while they are on? Cheers.

I'm possitive if you use a lure you will assign it to a pokèstop which will draw pokèmon to that stop, so it is best to stay around the lure.

Lures and Incense both lasts 30mins and Incense you usually move about when active as they spawn pokèmon more frequent.

As for lucky eggs I have found the best time to use them is when you have 10+ evolves ready to go as you get tons of douple xp, I usually equip them next to 2/3 pokèstops that are all close by and if I stand in the middle of the stops I can activate them all. I then lure all the stops so whilst evolving my pokèmon, there are also frequent pokèmon coming to you to capture which is giving you tons of xp.

i'll need to test this further when im out today, but either something really coincidental happened this morning or i found a nice wee trick

the 3 step thing is glitched obviously, however this morning at the shops an abra came up, so i selected it as i was gonna focus my map on that rather than the crap on it as well, the very next pokemon that spawned in my area was an abra, i thought that was just a bit of luck, so walking home a shelder appeared, again i tried to focus on that, the very next pokemon again to spawn was a shelder, now given i live in a rattata and pidgey infested area i was very shocked,

so right before i went into my house i tried it with a ghastly, focus my 3 step radar on that, and a ghastly appeared, no pidgey's, no rats, no zubats, just a ghastly, today im gonna test this further but it could be a way of almost picking the pokemon you want in the near area

IMG_1469358271.989234.thumb.jpg.c7cb36d2

Managed to get this fella in Aberdeen today. I think I'm going to have to stop catching drowzee. I have 125 candy. Then again I corks get evolve Xp.

Seething. Evolved a Pidgey a week or so ago and had been occasionally powering up the Pidgeotto to evolve when I could. Got a Pidgey this morning that meant once I transferred it for the extra candy I could get Pidgeot. Completely forgetting what it was I was doing, instead of evolving the Pidgeotto, I transferred that as well. What a fanny.

1 hour ago, 53_and_counting said:

i'll need to test this further when im out today, but either something really coincidental happened this morning or i found a nice wee trick

the 3 step thing is glitched obviously, however this morning at the shops an abra came up, so i selected it as i was gonna focus my map on that rather than the crap on it as well, the very next pokemon that spawned in my area was an abra, i thought that was just a bit of luck, so walking home a shelder appeared, again i tried to focus on that, the very next pokemon again to spawn was a shelder, now given i live in a rattata and pidgey infested area i was very shocked,

so right before i went into my house i tried it with a ghastly, focus my 3 step radar on that, and a ghastly appeared, no pidgey's, no rats, no zubats, just a ghastly, today im gonna test this further but it could be a way of almost picking the pokemon you want in the near area

I think that's just really lucky. When you focus on a pokémon in your nearby, you do it so that you can out which direction it's in (if you turn your phone so that your avatar turns on the map, when he's facing in the direction of the focused pokémon, a little green pulse, for lack of a better word, comes round the nearby box).

The 3 step bug is just that pokémon's true distance isn't showing up, but the pokémon should still be spread out between 0 and 300m like they would be if the nearby thing wasn't broken.

Just received my first 10km egg at level 17. I look forward to cracking it open!

I got a fucking Eevee out of my first. Safe to say I wasn't happy.

Just done 2k in the house. Just left it on bed n kept opening it n shutting and the guy runs about

I got a fucking Eevee out of my first. Safe to say I wasn't happy.

If that happens then I will be swiftly deleting the app.

I was at a wedding yesterday, seemed to me like the ideal opportunity to see what was hanging around in a different neck of the woods from where I normally mince around. Was sneakily trying to get some Poké action, under the table, in the cubicle, puffing ny vapouriser further round the corner.

Caught absolutely f**k all and after my girlfriend jailt me for the third time she told the full table about my loserish behaviour. Work colleagues and all sorts now know my secret.

Decided to now just embrace it and I feel like Caitlyn Jenner. Time for me to be the person I want to be, no more living a lie. It feels good.

5 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

I'm possitive if you use a lure you will assign it to a pokèstop which will draw pokèmon to that stop, so it is best to stay around the lure.

Lures and Incense both lasts 30mins and Incense you usually move about when active as they spawn pokèmon more frequent.

As for lucky eggs I have found the best time to use them is when you have 10+ evolves ready to go as you get tons of douple xp, I usually equip them next to 2/3 pokèstops that are all close by and if I stand in the middle of the stops I can activate them all. I then lure all the stops so whilst evolving my pokèmon, there are also frequent pokèmon coming to you to capture which is giving you tons of xp.

Cheers. I will be trying that.