Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I've done that from when gender was introduced (Gen II?). Although more recently I've been okay about it. I still want all the ones who look well 'ard and stuff male, but the prancing gay ones I choose as female - my Meganium in HG for example. I have a female Munna in White cause it looks more feminine than masculine.

Forehead - Here's a LINK to the event that's on today.

:lol: Fair enouhg, doesn't bother me, just sort of happened.

At the town with the 2nd gym in it, but I'm trying to level up my team a bit more before I give it a go. It's currently as follows:

Pansage - Lv. 15

Pidove - Lv. 15

Blitzle - Lv. 16

Pignite - Lv. 17

Tympole - Lv. 15

Grass, Water, Electric, Fire & Flying all covered, so pretty good really. Got a Lv. 14 Lillipup & Purrloin too, but chucked them in the PC as they're both quite shite, and I'm not too keen on 'normal' type Pokemon.

Really enjoying this game so far actually. Just got my 5th badge and I'm through to an electric tunnel place. Currently my team is:

Krokorok - lv 29

Darumaka - lv 30

Throh - Lv 29

Servine - Lv 33

Palpitoad - lv 27

Looking for a decent electric type as I seem to be very weak against flying, until then I'm happy with my team of 5 :)

I bought Pokemon Black today (because I'm not racist). Which one was the better one? :unsure:

Haven't started playing it yet but I have a train to Glasgow tonight so that's a chance to get some game time on it. I'm not into all this 'event' stuff (don't even know what the f**k it is). I just play and try and complete the standard Pokedex.

I bought Pokemon Black today (because I'm not racist). Which one was the better one? :unsure:

Haven't started playing it yet but I have a train to Glasgow tonight so that's a chance to get some game time on it. I'm not into all this 'event' stuff (don't even know what the f**k it is). I just play and try and complete the standard Pokedex.

Basically to attain some Pokemon you need to go to Events, where you can download them onto your DS and then someone gives you them at the Poke Centre, like the person who gave you gifts from your Mum in HG/SS. Pokemon like Mew and Celebi from the first two generations are like this, but they sometimes make others available through it like a shiny Suicune last weekend.

How do you 'go' to an event? Where are they held and how do you find out about them?

The events are literal things, like the one Smurph's talking about is at Springburn, the Suicune one was at Game in the Fort.

Usually shopping centres.

This thread, unless you constantly read sites like Bulbapedia.

Cheers. I don't see myself jumping on a train and heading up to Glasgow or anywhere else with my DS to take part right enough. Shame, I'll probably miss out on quite a lot.

Cheers. I don't see myself jumping on a train and heading up to Glasgow or anywhere else with my DS to take part right enough. Shame, I'll probably miss out on quite a lot.

Well others are made available through "Mystery Gift", you just click the mystery gift and then do it via Nintendo WFC before you click continue game.

No-one else like Herdier/Lillipup as a Pokemon? I know it's a normal type but it's a pretty effective sweeper.

I have never used normal pokemon so no, I don't use it, but having cone up against herdier at about lv 28, they are a right b*****d to defeat, so I would imagine they are fairly reasonalble. Currently working with thus team.

Pignite - lv 33

Zebrasrika - lv 30

Palpitoad - lv 30

Pansage - lv 29

Yamask - lv 29

Boldore - lv 29

Going well took a bit if levelling up to defeat clay, but got by him eventually. Going to wait until pansage is about lv 34, so it has learnt acrobatics and grass knot, then use the leaf stone. Also a slight problem with my yamask is it's moveset is limited, only knows ghost moves so far. Won't be playing it too much tomorrow, so will probably crack on with it on Tuesday.

I live in Glasgow, so the events are easy for me to get to. They're all right - you just get a rare Pokémon.

Today's was shite though. You just got to try the game, which I can do in the comfort of my own home. There was meant to be a scavenger hunt and a Pokémon merch stall, but they never existed. I did, however, get my picture taken with a Snivy...

183669_1446988513429_1794681474_815839_6509277_n.jpg

Right had a wee shot on this for about 2 hours or so. First impressions:

• Like the '3D' style that the game has going on. Quite nice.
  • The Pokemon look decent, although that 'Woobat' is just ridiculous.
  • The battles are too clumsy for my liking. I'll get used to it though.
  • Seasons are a great addition. The wee electronic boards that give you information are cool as well.
  • Your two 'mates' are fucking annoying. I actually want to chcuk my DS out the window when the speccy boy talks to you. His commentary during your battles kills me inside.

I started out with Tepig (quite clearly a shortened version of 'Teckle Pig' because it's pretty good thus far). I'm also pleased with my inventive nickname for the wee electric zebra, Blitzle. I went for AxelBlitzl 8)

No-one else like Herdier/Lillipup as a Pokemon? I know it's a normal type but it's a pretty effective sweeper.

It's a solid Pokemon to have as back-up at the start. Much like Zigzagoon/Linoone in Ruby/Sapphire, and Bidoof/Bibarel in Pearl/Diamond.

I'm in Nimbasa atm. Can't beat the Gym leader, stupid Emolgas. Electric and flying? f**k off. I don't have any rock moves!! mad.gif

:lol: of all things it was my palpitoad that defeated he, since electric moves don affect it, plus try don't gave great health and were soon done for, that and my boldore.

:lol: of all things it was my palpitoad that defeated he, since electric moves don affect it, plus try don't gave great health and were soon done for, that and my boldore.

f**k, nuther reason why Oshawatt was a poor choice, would've probably trained tympole up if I didn't have a water pokemon.