Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Still have a gander every so often when i whip out the GB. Always had red when i was a wee guy and never ever saw blue until one of my friends got it, seeing a Mankey was like the holy grail of gaming for me. Played yellow which was a nice twist. Then it kind of went downhill. Gold, Silver, Platinum, blah blah. Played fire red recently and was quite fun. The guy who came up with Pokemon must be face deep in 20 Asian he-shes right now.

Do you mean shinies as in cards?

Still have a gander every so often when i whip out the GB. Always had red when i was a wee guy and never ever saw blue until one of my friends got it, seeing a Mankey was like the holy grail of gaming for me. Played yellow which was a nice twist. Then it kind of went downhill. Gold, Silver, Platinum, blah blah. Played fire red recently and was quite fun. The guy who came up with Pokemon must be face deep in 20 Asian he-shes right now.

Do you mean shinies as in cards?

I've had pretty much at least 1 game from each generation. I think the Second Generation was probably the best of the lot as there were two regions you could explore, since you could go back to the old one after beating the Elite Four in Johto.

I don't mean the cards when I say shiny Pokemon; I mean ones that have unusual colouration. From the Gold/Silver/Crystal era onwards, you could have Pokemon of unusual colour e.g. a red Gyarados or a black Charizard. They were really rare though, with something like a 1/8192 chance of encountering an unusually coloured one.

I've had pretty much at least 1 game from each generation. I think the Second Generation was probably the best of the lot as there were two regions you could explore, since you could go back to the old one after beating the Elite Four in Johto.

I don't mean the cards when I say shiny Pokemon; I mean ones that have unusual colouration. From the Gold/Silver/Crystal era onwards, you could have Pokemon of unusual colour e.g. a red Gyarados or a black Charizard. They were really rare though, with something like a 1/8192 chance of encountering an unusually coloured one.

The Red Gyarados was in the middle of a lake which everyone kept saying had a Red Gyarados in it.

Not that unusual to be fair.

The Red Gyarados was in the middle of a lake which everyone kept saying had a Red Gyarados in it.

Not that unusual to be fair.

Red Gyarados was the only exception though, as it formed part of the story line. In Generation II shininess was determined by the IVs of each Pokemon, whereas in Generations III and IV it's done by personality values.

Every other shiny follows the 1/8192 probability law (although there are methods to shorten the odds which are time consuming and complex).

Played it alot at primary school, rare candy cheat and such.

Similar trick good for catching Safari Pokemon more easily. Of course the Rare Candy cheat f**ked up the Hall of Fame, and you must never NEVER NEVER try to catch Missingno.

If I could find my games I would. How much are the ones up to ruby and sapphire these days? Wouldny mind getting them again.

No longer sold new. Have a gander online and see what you can nab pre-owned.

Or wait a few months and get one of the remakes of Gold and Silver on DS.

Similar trick good for catching Safari Pokemon more easily. Of course the Rare Candy cheat f**ked up the Hall of Fame, and you must never NEVER NEVER try to catch Missingno.

No longer sold new. Have a gander online and see what you can nab pre-owned.

Or wait a few months and get one of the remakes of Gold and Silver on DS.

The Missingno ruining games rumour is false. The next time he gets EXP/a rare candy he'll evolve into something cack, like a Chancey.

Oh yes, and Pokemon Red was the bee's bollocks.

Played this game a lot in Primary School, was thee bomb back then !

I remember vaguely that there was a cloning cheat ? Where you put you Pokemon in the PC on the game and before it saved turn your GB off then back on quickly and you had 2... I dont if thats right though!

One thing I could never get round is the supposed "Mew" being able to be captured in a truck before you got on that boat thing... never ever discovered it though...

Played this game a lot in Primary School, was thee bomb back then !

I remember vaguely that there was a cloning cheat ? Where you put you Pokemon in the PC on the game and before it saved turn your GB off then back on quickly and you had 2... I dont if thats right though!

One thing I could never get round is the supposed "Mew" being able to be captured in a truck before you got on that boat thing... never ever discovered it though...

I found the truck but never found Mew.

I caught Mew in the cave next to where I caught Mewtwo. ;)

I found the truck but never found Mew.

I caught Mew in the cave next to where I caught Mewtwo. ;)

No. No you didn't.

Mew could not be caught in Red/Blue without external aids (ie a Gameshark).