Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Yeah, I can verify this (as of this morning!). Seems if you hold your finger over where the pokeball appears, it'll zoom back to you. Doesn't always work though, particularly if you've launched it off the screen.

13 minutes ago, Fudge said:

I'm struggling to get a variety of top bois. Of my 8 highest CP, two are Golduck, two are Vaporeon and two are Hypnos. Anyone else finding similar?

I'm holding my evolutions for a mass lucky egg effort but I'm pretty sure that when I do evolve all my things, my top 10 will be 7 or 8 Hypnos.

I mass evolve pidgeys, weedles and caterpies with a lucky egg but most others without.

Today I sat on a bench in Clydebank next to a gym. About 10 feet away on another bench was a primary school aged boy and his mum. He proudly showed her that he'd just taken his first gym, pointing at the screen with glee. I took about 10 seconds in destroying his CP 800 Magmar. When he realised he'd lost the gym he took about 10 minutes reclaiming it. In the time it took for him to use potions and the like where the gym remained unclaimed, I just added one of my own. He began to cry

I mass evolve pidgeys, weedles and caterpies with a lucky egg but most others without.

Today I sat on a bench in Clydebank next to a gym. About 10 feet away on another bench was a primary school aged boy and his mum. He proudly showed her that he'd just taken his first gym, pointing at the screen with glee. I took about 10 seconds in destroying his CP 800 Magmar. When he realised he'd lost the gym he took about 10 minutes reclaiming it. In the time it took for him to use potions and the like where the gym remained unclaimed, I just added one of my own. He began to cry

What a c**t.

It's a bairn's game that I got involved with to try and communicate with my boy where he had the upper hand, rather than me always being the know it all dad.

But you meet a random kid under 12 and completely burst it for him. By all means beat him but leave the kid with a door open for a comeback, eh?

You're now on par with the shit flinger. Proud?

Can anyone tell me how the aiming works in this when throwing a pokeball, mainly with regards to the circle getting bigger and smaller. Do I throw when it's at its smallest? Does it make any difference?

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What a c**t.

It's a bairn's game that I got involved with to try and communicate with my boy where he had the upper hand, rather than me always being the know it all dad.

But you meet a random kid under 12 and completely burst it for him. By all means beat him but leave the kid with a door open for a comeback, eh?

:lol:

24 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What a c**t.

Yeah! Pick on a 13 year old next time, Fudge. They're clearly fair game.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

What a c**t.

Your magmar got wrecked mate, move on

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Can anyone tell me how the aiming works in this when throwing a pokeball, mainly with regards to the circle getting bigger and smaller. Do I throw when it's at its smallest? Does it make any difference?

The smaller circle's better if you land it in the centre; gives you a better chance of catching the pokemon if you throw a 'nice', 'great' or 'excellent' (biggest to smallest circles).  You also used to get bonus XP for them, but that seems to've stopped since the last update.

Gym at the piper alpha memorial, quite rightly getting asked to be removed.

Dunno. Most of the ones round our way seem to be focused on various war memorials, remembrance plaques and the like. Stuff you would otherwise walk past on a regular basis and day-to-day wouldn't otherwise pay much attention to. But now you do. Which is a good thing I think...

ETA - pokestops are, not gyms, sorry. But the point stands..

Just been reading about a lassie who was attacked late at night playing the app with her pals, Somewhere in Portobello Edinburgh. Apparently some lads drove by playing the Pokemon theme and launched a bottle at her, luckily the guy couldnt aim for shit and only hit her on the knee. From what they are saying it was after midnight when it happened. 

Glad the lassie wasnt seriously hurt but unless your on a night shift who goes playing the game in the middle of the night? And surprised this is the first local story ive heard about the app, it seems a pretty easy way for people to try and steal your phone, your engrossed looking at the screen, not paying attention to your surroundings 

Edited by EdgarusQPFC