Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was just about to take on the elite 4 on Fire Red and I accidently saved over the file with the intro screen. I'm absolutely devastated. After an hour of Googling to find out if I can restore the file it appears I'm fucked.

Blood, sweat and tears went into that the last few days. My Charizard was a monster.

Gutted. Absolutely fuckin gutted.

Done that too mate, its fucking heartbreaking

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was just about to take on the elite 4 on Fire Red and I accidently saved over the file with the intro screen. I'm absolutely devastated. After an hour of Googling to find out if I can restore the file it appears I'm fucked.

Blood, sweat and tears went into that the last few days. My Charizard was a monster.

Gutted. Absolutely fuckin gutted.

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Done that too mate, its fucking heartbreaking

in any game that includes hours and hours of gameplay, i used to make 2 copies of every save incase one got corrupted, not even using them at differing points, but every save point id do it twice one on each save file, final fantasy was a b*****d if you spent 50 odd hours only to find your data was corrupt and you lost it all

1 hour ago, Fudge said:

I've only just got into gym battling and agree with whoever said the turn around is far too quick. It's too easy to win over a gym and too easy to lose it.

I haven't battled at all in Go, but from what I've seen people say, the recent update (as shite as it was for other reasons) has apparently made gyms easier to defend.

I've went right off Pokemon Go. Had 3 10k eggs brewing for a week and have barely made a dent in them.

I'm the same.

The lack of steps or the steps being stuck at 3 renders the game pointless for me. I had been dealing with the 3 step issue because I assumed there would be a fairly quick fix put in place but the latest update removed them completely.

Charging my DS to try and get back into Diamond. Got my arse handed to me by the last member of the Elite Four and couldn't be bothered trying to grind a few more levels so gave up for a while. No time like the present, I guess

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm the same.

The lack of steps or the steps being stuck at 3 renders the game pointless for me. I had been dealing with the 3 step issue because I assumed there would be a fairly quick fix put in place but the latest update removed them completely.

Yeah I'm the same. The 3 step thing meant you could track things down and it felt more about skill. It's kind of just pot luck now as half the time the stuff on your nearby list just doesn't pop up at all. Only way of getting anything decent is via eggs and for every Bulbasaur, you seem to get 15 fucking Pidgeys.

I only ever see 3 steps for anything that's nearby. The only thing that does change is where they appear in the nearby box. 

I haven't bothered with the update yet. I'm sure there'll be a fix for the problems soon so I'll just hang on until then.

I've noticed how you find water types near water etc but I found it kind of amusing that outside KFC last week there was an abundance of pidgies and rattatas.

27 minutes ago, Mrs M said:

I only ever see 3 steps for anything that's nearby. The only thing that does change is where they appear in the nearby box. 

I haven't bothered with the update yet. I'm sure there'll be a fix for the problems soon so I'll just hang on until then.

I've noticed how you find water types near water etc but I found it kind of amusing that outside KFC last week there was an abundance of pidgies and rattatas.

Before the game was officially released you could properly track Pokemon. As you got closer 3 steps became 2, 2 steps became 1 and so on.

Now you just have to walk in circles and hope one appears. Pish.

23 caught at Glasgow Green today along with loads of eggs from the many, many pokestops around - most of them with lures. Finally got 2 Zubats after they keep appearing nearby without actually showing themselves, a Nidoran, 2 Horseas, a Squirtle and a Jigglypuff. 9 fucking Drowzees (and two that ran away) and a Hypno. Oh joy. Tentacool ran away as well and Jynx, yet again, showed nearby but didn't appear, the fucking cow. :(