Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Sitting at level 6 right now without using this out of the house at all really. Highest CP is only a 164 Haunter. Discovered Poke Vision tonight so going to go a few little trips around Falkirk tomorrow to get some better Pokemon.

It would make more sense if you got 1 coin per hour of holding it. 20 hours before you get anything is ridiculous and you can't even defend it in real time. If someone is attacking it you can't do anything to stop them.

Dragged to Silverburn, so thought good opportunity to hatch some eggs and catch a few but no, as soon as you go inside, GPS isn't working so egg didn;t count down at all. Did catch an abra and a golbat tho. Tried first battle too but got schooled, no idea what im doing there, 

Podcast i watch made a fantastic point about the Gym Battles/CP rating system, The most successful mobile games and handheld titles are generally those that you can pick up and play for 5 minutes and feel satisfied. But Pokemon Go isn't for a casual gamer, cause now you have Gym's with CP ratings of 1800+ and if you are a casual gamer your not going to have pokemon remotely close to that level. So if the Gyms aren't for the casual player and there are no alternatives for the average player outside of catching pokemon then once the hype train ends and catching pokemon becomes more difficult then the game is gonna fall flat on its arse as it stands right now. The game needs proper battle mechanics, trading, non gym battling or its not going to last more than a few months

And it will get them. All of those things were announced to be included in the release but have obviously been postponed for whatever reason. The hope is that they implement it before the hype train derails.

I saw a wild Growlithe for the first time yesterday whilst in a taxi. I clicked on it just as a wild Horsea appeared right beside it. Ended up pressing that and missed the chance at the Growlithe.

RAGING.

Managed to break the 100 barrier over the weekend though - Up to 103 with the additions of Kabuto, Pikachu, Abra, Porygon and Gengar.

It would make more sense if you got 1 coin per hour of holding it. 20 hours before you get anything is ridiculous and you can't even defend it in real time. If someone is attacking it you can't do anything to stop them.

You'll be glad to hear it's not as bad as that - you can only claim your defenders' bonus once every 21 hours, but you don't need to hold a single gym during that time.

Example: I took 3 gyms in 20mins in Portobello on Saturday, 6pm. Immediately claimed my 3-gym bonus. Lost one almost instantly and the others during the night. Come 3pm yesterday I could claim any time - took 3 around Slateford at 5pm and claimed again straight away. I can get more any time after work tonight now.

I don't bother with them until I can claim my bonus.

1 hour ago, morrison said:

You'll be glad to hear it's not as bad as that - you can only claim your defenders' bonus once every 21 hours, but you don't need to hold a single gym during that time.

Example: I took 3 gyms in 20mins in Portobello on Saturday, 6pm. Immediately claimed my 3-gym bonus. Lost one almost instantly and the others during the night. Come 3pm yesterday I could claim any time - took 3 around Slateford at 5pm and claimed again straight away. I can get more any time after work tonight now.

I don't bother with them until I can claim my bonus.

So you can claim the bonus as soon as you take it?

Needed 0.5k to hatch two eggs I've had for ages. Agreed to go shopping as I knew that would be enough to get me even closer. 

App crashed as I walked into Tesco :lol:

43 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Kyle - do you even bother catching Pidgeys and Rattatas and the like anymore?

Sometimes. I don't actually see as many as them as I do Magikarps and Drowseys, believe it or not.

Pidgeys are good for xp as they evolve on 12 candies (I think), but I wouldn't waste a great ball or an ultra ball on them.

So you can claim the bonus as soon as you take it?

Aye. If you haven't claimed before, just go straight into the 'shop' and click on the symbol in the top right (a shield with the number of pokemon defending gyms in it) to claim.

A countdown from 21hours starts as soon as you do it. When it runs out you can claim again.

3 minutes ago, morrison said:

Aye. If you haven't claimed before, just go straight into the 'shop' and click on the symbol in the top right (a shield with the number of pokemon defending gyms in it) to claim.

A countdown from 21hours starts as soon as you do it. When it runs out you can claim again.

Didn't know that. Held two gyms at the same time earlier for about an hour.