Shinty

thejailender

Just caught up with Saturday's game just now. What a fantastic game.

Was hoping Kyle's would win for no other reason than its good to have an Argyll side in the final when it's played in Oban.

Skye beat Kilmallie too and it's all looking good at pairc na laoch. Should see them in the top flight next year I would think.

• 4 weeks later...

Lovat keeper was superb, fully deserved his MOTM medal. Great to see the underdog win, 6 minutes of injury time was ridiculous. Got this photo of a Kyles corner, best ginger mullet/perm I've ever seen... attachicon.gif1442836726597.jpg

That hair is world class! I saw a Kyles fan coming out a pub with a tribute wig on. Marvellous!

My stand out moment was the Lovat #2 screaming "get up" to his mate who'd just taken a ball in the face from all of four feet! (He himself ended up covered in blood, led by example!)

Great scenes at the end. I'm in amongst this lot at full time!

post-28011-14428587481499_thumb.jpg

Lovat keeper was superb, fully deserved his MOTM medal. Great to see the underdog win, 6 minutes of injury time was ridiculous. Got this photo of a Kyles corner, best ginger mullet/perm I've ever seen... 1442836726597.jpg

Big Red - legend!

Very enjoyable game in the end. On possession and chances Kyles should have won by a few but MacDonald was unbelievable in goal for Lovat and Bartlett took his chances beautifully at the other end. I wonder will he go home to Caberfeidh now he has the Camanachd medal. Great scenes at the end with the veterans of 1953 holding the cup.

• 4 weeks later...

Big win for the scottish boys . Ireland have a big gap to make up in croke park.

It's two one off games rather than a series this year. The Irish didn't seem to know that and were talking about trying to build a lead for the return, but the Camanachd say it's not a series. Scotland got a cup for winning at the weekend. Clear as mud, as ever :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on the dates/venues for the Kingussie v Kilmallie play off? I'm hoping to take this in. Suppose 28th is most likely date now?

It's at the Bught Park in Inverness, on the 28th at 1pm. Will be heading through if it's not too cold or wet.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie