Shinty

thejailender

Camanachd quarters weekend!!

Skye at home to kilmallie is winnable but kilmallie must be favourites. Unfortunately portree is a bit far for me this weekend but if they can make the semi final I will definitely be there.

Such an open competition this year and with two more premier teams out at this stage it's a great competition this year.

Quite fancy Skye to beat Kilmallie in Portree, they are having a very good season and will be in National 1 next season. Kilmallie coming off a 5-1 thrashing by the Fort too.

Kingussie and Kyles should be a cracker and if Kyles repeat last Saturday's level of performance I think they will win that.

I'm off to Glenurquhart and Inveraray and hoping Inveraray can quickly put the Celtic Cup defeat behind them and put up a good fight.

Not sure about the other match, wasn't impressed by Fort William when I saw them at Lovat but would imagine they will have their key men back for the Camanachd Cup and be right up for it. Probably not much between them and Kinlochshiel.

Skye, Kyles, Glenurquhart and Fort William to go through.

The only games I have watched this season are the two cup finals and newtonmore v kingussie. So my opinions based almost entirely on that.

You have convinced me. Skye to beat kilmallie.

Kingussie looked very soft at the back and Kyle's have goals in them so it's an Argyll win for me there.

I think inveraray have the beating of glenurqhuart.

I have no idea about the other game so I will pick fort William.

Superb win for the Sgitheanaich! I hope they go on and make the final now, it would be a tremendous occasion with Skye involved.

I enjoyed the Glen - Inverarary game. Inverarary a goal up in the first minute and they really played very well, much better than last week. Should have been 2 or 3 up after half an hour but didn't finish the chances and Glen managed to equalise and come in at 1-1 which was a travesty really. The second half was pretty even and could have gone either way but it was the Glen who got the 2 late goals. Good win for them but Inveraray will feel they should have had a replay at least.

Cracking win for Kingussie too over Kyles, I really thought that after last week Kyles would kick on and have a real crack at winning all the cups but that's a great win for Kings.

Yep pretty much perfect for me in that it is the weekend and opposition that I wanted.

Capercaillie on thursday night, Hillwalking Glencoe on Friday, saturday watch celtic v united with lunch then off to the shinty followed by some more hillwalking on the Sunday.

Pretty much my perfect weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody interested in last week's semi? I missed it but looked like a cracking game.

Anyway sure we were all keeping our powder dry for the big match at an aird today where Skye bid to get to their first final in 24 years.

Maybe it's blind faith, maybe it's last night's whisky but I see them doing this they are having a great season.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!!

Started watching Shinty this summer, never done that before. Took in the MacTavish Cup Final between Lovat and Glenurquhart, finished 5-1 to Lovat, what an enjoyable experience and then over the following weeks a couple of Inverness games at the Bught Park, Inverness.

But this Saturday at the Bught its the Camanacht Cup Final between Kingussie and Glenurquhart, throw up 14:30. Going to rip myself away from the football this weekend to watch this, anyone else going?

Bump!!

Started watching Shinty this summer, never done that before. Took in the MacTavish Cup Final between Lovat and Glenurquhart, finished 5-1 to Lovat, what an enjoyable experience and then over the following weeks a couple of Inverness games at the Bught Park, Inverness.

But this Saturday at the Bught its the Camanacht Cup Final between Kingussie and Glenurquhart, throw up 14:30. Going to rip myself away from the football this weekend to watch this, anyone else going?

Yeah I am heading to the game. Hopefully the Glen will give a better account of themselves here than they did in that MacTavish final, played well below themselves in that game. They are a good team but in the three games I have seen them this season they have started slowly and they can't afford to do so again here. Kingussie themselves didn't play too well in their semi I didn't think but if they perform to potential I would make them marginal favourites. Be interesting to see how fit Ronald is having come back into the first team with this game in mind.

Something of a novel pairing (only met in the final once before) and although it's not quite the best two teams in the sport they are both based close to Inverness and should bring good supports. I'll be supporting the Glen due to the fact they have never won the cup but Kingussie would say that 8 years without it is a long time for them by their own standards. Here's to a good game :guinness .

Edited by Waspie