Nom Nom Nom

Guest bernardblack
15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Does anyone on here use HelloFresh?

Have to admit I’m more impressed by it than I expected to be.

I’ve heard it’s extremely reasonable. The quality any use?

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

I’ve heard it’s extremely reasonable. The quality any use?

Yeah it’s £40 for 5 meals for 2 people. As I usually cook from scratch all meals I typically spend at least that on a weekly shop anyway so value-wise it’s good, and there’s no waste which I like.

Quality-wise everything has been good, only issue I’ve had has been with chicken. I left a chicken dish until it was the day of its use-by date and it smelt rotten. I see they have now put on the chicken a warning that apparently because it’s vacuum packed that it can smell when first opened but to leave it for a bit and it should be fine, so maybe binned unnecessarily last time. It does also have an ‘eat me early’ message on the chicken recipes.

I had smoked mussels and sea bass last night, it was excellent. Have you smoked any BVM? [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention]
BVM?

I have hot smoked razor clams once. It didnt quite go aswell as I'd hoped, mainly because it was a cold windy night which slaughtered my smoker temperature.

I reckon mussels would work well cold or hot smoking.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

BVM?

I have hot smoked razor clams once. It didnt quite go aswell as I'd hoped, mainly because it was a cold windy night which slaughtered my smoker temperature.

I reckon mussels would work well cold or hot smoking.

Bi valve mollusks, clams mussels etc. 

I think the ones I had had been hot smoked they were very tasty indeed and would highly recommend.

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

Bi valve mollusks, clams mussels etc. 

I think the ones I had had been hot smoked they were very tasty indeed and would highly recommend.

That's what I thought you meant. Aye summer time hopefully will bring further experimenting with the old smoker

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

That's what I thought you meant. Aye summer time hopefully will bring further experimenting with the old smoker

God speed! How are you getting on with your Sous Vide? I have a multi purpose slow cooker on order that can sous vide looking forward to giving it a work out.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

God speed! How are you getting on with your Sous Vide? I have a multi purpose slow cooker on order that can sous vide looking forward to giving it a work out.

I actually havent did anything with it for a few weeks but aye, it's very easy to turn out good food with it so if your slow cooker can act as a water bath then get a cheap vac packer. Good thing to have at your disposal

On 03/07/2020 at 15:32, Mark Connolly said:

I recently decided to retire my deep fat fryer for health reasons, the main one being it was nearly 20 years old and I had the fear that I would die in a massive fire.

After much deliberation, we agreed (ie, I was fucking told) to replace it with one of those healthy actifryers. I'm now happy to admit that the first batch of chips from it are pretty decent. I chose to share this news with the good people of P&B because I had to tell someone, and there's no fucking way I'm letting her know she was right.

A fair bit on from this, and I've been using the air fryer a fair bit.

She did burgers in it tonight. Absolute gamechanger. She's still unaware of my support of the appliance.