Nom Nom Nom

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I made the Pinch of Nom donner, tasted good but looked like shite, quite literally.

I got the blue book today and I must admit, even the photograph struggles to make it look appealing.

It's essentially meatloaf with different seasoning and spices. Good for a change on mince night.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I anticipated that and put a layer of sliced onion on the bottom of the oven dish.

Good call. I'll give that a go next time.

I do it with most things in the oven, maybe some lemon as well for chicken. Other half of the lemon inside with garlic.

I love a home made donner. My concern with the pinch of nom is it uses beef mince when anyone who knows a donner knows it is made from lamb mince. 
Yeah I'd be subbing that out immediately.

Anyway I made the tuscan chicken tonight. Other than serving it with a bit more spaghetti than might be advised to be healthy, that's first rate "healthy" dinner. Right up street. Everything bar the fish cakes iv had I'd make again.

47 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I love a home made donner. My concern with the pinch of nom is it uses beef mince when anyone who knows a donner knows it is made from lamb mince. 

She doesn't like lamb. Using beef, particularly the low fat stuff they recommend will make it a bit dry. I'll do an individual one with lamb for me next time.

Has to explain what macaroni cheese is to some Italian colleagues today. It's part of a novelty American lunch menu next week.
I used to work with 2 Italian guys at my last work. When either the works canteen or the digs had "Italian" food on I used to seek them out specifically to see their reactions. They were invariably absolutely seething. Especially at the start when they hadnt quite cottoned on and were genuinely expecting a taste of home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Serious guys when it came to food.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I used to work with 2 Italian guys at my last work. When either the works canteen or the digs had "Italian" food on I used to seek them out specifically to see their reactions. They were invariably absolutely seething. Especially at the start when they hadnt quite cottoned on and were genuinely expecting a taste of home emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Serious guys when it came to food.

They probably don't even deep fry pizza's in batter. We've taken Italian food and improved it.

They probably don't even deep fry pizza's in batter. We've taken Italian food and improved it.
They do in Naples I believe.

My wee pal Guido got particularly upset with Macaroni Cheese and Bolognese but I once seen him fucking apoplectic over an admittedly pish poor attempt at Carbonara. Hearing an Italian screaming a combination of English and Italian profanity because of some watery carbonara in a works canteen is such a pleasure.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

They do in Naples I believe.

My wee pal Guido got particularly upset with Macaroni Cheese and Bolognese but I once seen him fucking apoplectic over an admittedly pish poor attempt at Carbonara. Hearing an Italian screaming a combination of English and Italian profanity because of some watery carbonara in a works canteen is such a pleasure.

Was he seriously expecting guanciale & pecorino romano at a work's canteen? Get him deported.

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

Was he seriously expecting guanciale & pecorino romano at a work's canteen? Get him deported.

I think he more took exception to them calling it Italian, and also the fact he missed nine and had his hopes built up. Plus, it really was fucking disgusting. 

Anyway, he was a hilariously angry man. Lots of Puta Madonna and broken, You are biggest w****r in this place etc.