Nom Nom Nom

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
The best I can say for the one I have is that I often find diet type books to be utter pish. They often pitch it totally wrong for me. PoN does it a wee bit sometimes but what I dont like like is "CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING CHEATS STROGANOFF* AS GOOD AS THE REAL THING!!!" type patter.

Its not, and I dont want some shitty cheat version of something good. Theres plenty of tasty and healthy food available. Tell me how to make that.

The recipes in this book by and large arent like that. They are more honest about what they are, and so far, for me theres been no shortage of flavour in anything iv made. Theres nothing worse than making a creamy diet dish that tastes of f**k all but fat free yoghurt.

*other versions of this patter available

There's usually a wee bit about the meal beforehand but it's not like these cook books that tell you a whole big pointless fucking story. They say a wee bit about it and give you the recipe. You're right, they don't try and sell the food as something else - the sausage and egg muffin would have been the place to do this. I think I would struggle to tell the difference between that and McDonalds one. Absolutely incredible.

Il be making that at the weekend as it goes. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

On Saturday night I am having a custard base with banana and broken biscoff topping 'dessert pizza'. 

I'm genuinely quite excited. 

Intrigued. When you say custard base, I assume there’s something more solid as the actual base and the custard is like the pizza sauce?

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Intrigued. When you say custard base, I assume there’s something more solid as the actual base and the custard is like the pizza sauce?

Yeah, it's on an actual pizza base. Custard is sauce. I've no idea how they manage to cook it but it gets rave reviews. It's a wee pizza pop up in Dundee that I was lucky enough this time to get a slot as they're double daying it this time. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

On Saturday night I am having a custard base with banana and broken biscoff topping 'dessert pizza'. 

I'm genuinely quite excited. 

f**k sake that sounds magic. I'm picturing wee bits of custard that have been caught by the flame giving wee burnt edges..... 

Yeah this is happening at Casa Bairnardo. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Shame it's not a pastry base i.e like a big one of these delicious b*****ds.

image.thumb.png.dcd57564be17aa4a1cbc0e9a15640c2a.png

Although interested to hear how it is.

When we went on holiday to Madeira, the hotel had endless supplies of these on the breakfast buffet. Not even slightly ashamed to say I scuttled a couple every morning.

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

When we went on holiday to Madeira, the hotel had endless supplies of these on the breakfast buffet. Not even slightly ashamed to say I scuttled a couple every morning.

Only a couple? Have a word with yourself.