Nom Nom Nom

16 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Excellent. Can't wait to get my hands on some again, but the usual place I get it is well outside my LA :(

Did you manage to get Fat Cow as well?

There was no fat cow at the time. They were doing deliveries for a while but seem to have stopped for now. Keep an eye on their website they will probably start again, apparently it was a roaring success 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

There was no fat cow at the time. They were doing deliveries for a while but seem to have stopped for now. Keep an eye on their website they will probably start again, apparently it was a roaring success 

It's annoying that there aren't many places you can get it. Asked in both Mellis and Mewes and neither of them will be doing it

58 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
On 09/01/2021 at 16:16, mathematics said:
Thats based on the fact that it’s a ghost pepper-based sauce.

So, to conclude, it's not as fiery as Mrs. Maths temper after you've spilled coffee on her "William Wallace Being Hung Drawn & Quartered" tablecloth.?

It’s not a tablecloth, it’s a hand towel.

image.jpg

Do we not have rules on this thread?
I know, it was worth a picture but my phone was elsewhere. The noodles which had been cooked and cooled before frying then had the braising liquor from the pak choy, and the juices from the duck cooked into them, and finished with oyster sauce and were sensational, as were the grilled oyster mushrooms. They were brushed with oil, ginger and garlic then grilled till toasty. The noodles and mushrooms were actually better than the duck leg.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
17 hours ago, mathematics said:

I know, it was worth a picture but my phone was elsewhere. The noodles which had been cooked and cooled before frying then had the braising liquor from the pak choy, and the juices from the duck cooked into them, and finished with oyster sauce and were sensational, as were the grilled oyster mushrooms. They were brushed with oil, ginger and garlic then grilled till toasty. The noodles and mushrooms were actually better than the duck leg.

We'll have to take your word for it. You could have hidden the silver trays before sending the picture and we would have been none the wiser. ;)

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
20 hours ago, mathematics said:

That does sound sensational.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Adventures in curing have taken us away from juniper (San Junipeiro) for a wee change. This time its whisky and orange. No idea how it will work but let's see....

20210115_111950.jpeg

Good luck.

If it wasn't for experimentation we'd still be eating raw Woolly Mammoth.