Nom Nom Nom

That looks superb. Love belly and brisket. 
You went to the same pot filling class as Sensara though [emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23] yeah its a kilo of both meats so literally full to the brim. You say too small.I say the perfect size 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Starter culture is very nice. Does this mean your earlier Syrian takeaway was purchased around Shawlands? If so, a recommendation please. 

I made a slow cooked, Venetian duck ragu a couple of days ago. Even better the next day once the red wine sauce has matured a bit. 

811382CC-214A-423B-9488-9409D09E5C60.jpeg

Sounds like a nice recipe have you got a link?

On 31/12/2020 at 09:42, Netan Sansara said:

Starter culture is very nice. Does this mean your earlier Syrian takeaway was purchased around Shawlands? If so, a recommendation please. 

I made a slow cooked, Venetian duck ragu a couple of days ago. Even better the next day once the red wine sauce has matured a bit. 

811382CC-214A-423B-9488-9409D09E5C60.jpeg

Syrian mixed grill was from Damasquino on the saltmarket. £20 for a feast that would feed the 5000. Would thoroughly recommend.   

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Steak pie, like all good hearted humans

Ditto. Along with croquettes, couple of Yorkshire puddings and extra gravy. Didn't even have room for the apple crumble 😂

Had my first Chinese in about 2 and a half years there. Char sui pork in honey soy sauce with fried rice and a starter of deep fried wontons. Delightful. 

Haven't ordered one in so long because none of them locally are on any of the apps. But I went old school tonight and actually phoned a takeaway. The apps have me so conditioned to do everything online i had genuinely forgotten how easy it was to just phone an order in.

29 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Had my first Chinese in about 2 and a half years there. Char sui pork in honey soy sauce with fried rice and a starter of deep fried wontons. Delightful. 

Haven't ordered one in so long because none of them locally are on any of the apps. But I went old school tonight and actually phoned a takeaway. The apps have me so conditioned to do everything online i had genuinely forgotten how easy it was to just phone an order in.

Not had Chinese in ages (10+ year)

Used to like sweet & sour chicken back in the day.

I can highly recommend the sweet and sour recipe from Gok Wans book, which in my case is up there with Ooni Pizza Ovens in the "This week p***k must have shares in......" stakes

Not had Chinese in ages (10+ year)
Used to like sweet & sour chicken back in the day.

44 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

how easy it was to just phone an order in.

And Justeat or the like don't skim an enormous chunk off it.

That's one good thing about Dunfermline is someone has set up an app that takes a maximum of 5% I think

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

And Justeat or the like don't skim an enormous chunk off it.

That's one good thing about Dunfermline is someone has set up an app that takes a maximum of 5% I think

There's a similar app around here called Lomond Eats, that I use ahead of Just Eat every time. No Chinese takeaways on it yet though!