Nom Nom Nom

6 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

This looks good. Bit meat heavy in proportion to the rice though, and more gravy required? 

Paneer is cheese?

Anyway, is cauliflower rice good? Seen it but never bought it. 
To ask a really daft question..... does it taste strongly of cauliflower, which I don’t  like, or is it flavoured like you get with microwave rice, for example? Despite this obvious problem I’m tempted to try it.  

39 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Paneer is cheese?

Anyway, is cauliflower rice good? Seen it but never bought it. 
To ask a really daft question..... does it taste strongly of cauliflower, which I don’t  like, or is it flavoured like you get with microwave rice, for example? Despite this obvious problem I’m tempted to try it.  

Paneer is cheese, yep. Bland though, bit like tofu in that regard.

I started with the cauliflower rice when I was going keto. Don’t think I’ll go back to normal rice. Easy as hell to prepare, and taste more of the spices you cook it with (chili, turmeric, onion salt, and garlic masala is my staple blend).

Ordered the charcoal today for smoking the xmas turkey. Also bought a half side of salmon to smoke for a starter, which I shall cure in salt, sugar and juniper in the next 2 or 3 days. Probably smoke some garlic whilst that's smoking anyway and make smoked roasted garlic mayo to go along with some black pudding bon bons for the non fish eaters, of which there are too many.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ordered the charcoal today for smoking the xmas turkey. Also bought a half side of salmon to smoke for a starter, which I shall cure in salt, sugar and juniper in the next 2 or 3 days. Probably smoke some garlic whilst that's smoking anyway and make smoked roasted garlic mayo to go along with some black pudding bon bons for the non fish eaters, of which there are too many.

I would like to join you for this magnificent feast.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

erection GIF

As good a time as any a week out, what's everyone's Christmas menu?

19 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Smoked Salmon and Black pudding bon bons as discussed. Smoked turkey, usual veg etc alongside. Desserts not my bit of the ship so I have no idea. 

Wine, homemade ale and possibly a dram later. 

jim carrey jimmy GIF

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Smoked Salmon and Black pudding bon bons as discussed. Smoked turkey, usual veg etc alongside. Desserts not my bit of the ship so I have no idea. 

Nice nice nice, will hopefully have some homemade ale of our own next year. Due to demographic trends in the GHF household we are now a Turkey for Thanksgiving, something else at Christmas house. 

Jerusalem artichoke soup

Beef Wellington with parmesan polenta, red wine sauce, sprouts and carrots

Christmas pudding

Some stuff from east coast cured and nice cheese in the evening, may make some croquetas

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you smoke Bairnardo? 

4 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Usual nonsense. Smoked salmon and cream cheese parcels with dill and whisky, turkey and gammon with the trimmings, raspberry pavlova...