Nom Nom Nom

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Where do folk stand on the bay leaves question

Possibly a big con? 

I've tried simmering them in boiling water for several hours, and the water tastes of boiled water afterwards... 

No question.  Even when we had a bay tree and I added their (fresh) leaves to my stews/casseroles they made not a jot of difference.

Better flinging in handful of dock leaves.

The LibDems of the herb world.

18 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Where do folk stand on the bay leaves question? 

Possibly a big con? 

I've tried simmering them in boiling water for several hours, and the water tastes of boiled water afterwards... 

I've eaten them by mistake and there's a definite taste, not a good one.

51 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Possibly a big con? 

Why were you making bay water? You can taste them in food, in fact I had a game pie last night with juniper and bay leaves. Also it depends on the quality and age of your bay leaves.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Why were you making bay water? You can taste them in food, in fact I had a game pie last night with juniper and bay leaves. Also it depends on the quality and age of your bay leaves.

:lol:

I love how you're like a 70 year old trapped in a 20somethings body. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

I love how you're like a 70 year old trapped in a 20somethings body. 

I've been told I've been round the block a few times an auld daft head on a 23 year olds body :whistle

16 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Possibly a big con? 

Don't stand on them. Put them in a stew or stock.

Mixed kebab 
Welcome back old friend [emoji7]
20201210_033731.thumb.jpg.8da3629f560ec9e9627f2eb701fa6540.jpg
Greatly improved for not having fired a bag of baby leaf salad over like last time [emoji23]

Anyway I got order shamed by my takeaway of choice tonight as they put 2 sets of chopsticks in for my solo scran [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Fortunately its sushi so I feel not one jot of guilt

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Greatly improved for not having fired a bag of baby leaf salad over like last time emoji23.png

Anyway I got order shamed by my takeaway of choice tonight as they put 2 sets of chopsticks in for my solo scran emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Fortunately its sushi so I feel not one jot of guilt

😁 👍

You'll be able to use a pair in both hands? Be like knitting your food Scissorhands style 

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

😁 👍

You'll be able to use a pair in both hands? Be like knitting your food Scissorhands style 

It was fucking magic tbf, but interesting to see how my systems handle all that raw fish. Imagine your kebab might make less mess.....