Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Heading there Thursday (and Friday again bizarrely so that the other people I’m with were able to go due to the tables available, but I’m not complaining). Will have the tasting one night then a la carte the next. Absolutely buzzing.  mintit

FTFY

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

A full 2 week holiday in June was fully refunded and ploughed straight into this weekend. Haven’t been away on any city breaks etc either so got to spend the cash somewhere!

What better way than two soufflé in consecutive nights?

A full 2 week holiday in June was fully refunded and ploughed straight into this weekend. Haven’t been away on any city breaks etc either so got to spend the cash somewhere!
Are you having to stay overnight to facilitate these meals with the current rules?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you having to stay overnight to facilitate these meals with the current rules?

Yes but that was always the plan. Golf and Fairlie for 3 days. Sublime.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes but that was always the plan. Golf and Fairlie for 3 days. Sublime.

A pair a boobs on a sexy lady short of being in heaven essentially...

Just had a look online at the menu’s and they seem to have changed a bit since I was last there, albeit that was about 4 years ago. Didn’t see the duck or haunch of venison which were utterly sublime. The highland lamb still seems to feature on the menu though, also sublime. 

18 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

A pair a boobs on a sexy lady short of being in heaven essentially...

Just had a look online at the menu’s and they seem to have changed a bit since I was last there, albeit that was about 4 years ago. Didn’t see the duck or haunch of venison which were utterly sublime. The highland lamb still seems to feature on the menu though, also sublime. 

There’s a venison main on the a la carte that I think I’ll be having. Properly done venison is unreal.

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Meant to be going to Fhior in Edinburgh in a few weeks for their 7 course tasting menu. It's after this 16 day lockdown but think I'm going to have to cancel it 😭 Anyone been?

Not been but have heard good things. I wouldn’t cancel it yet until you’re forced to, a lot of really good restaurants already shut down in Edinburgh since this started so I fear if you do cancel it might not be around by the time you get to go back!

27 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not been but have heard good things. I wouldn’t cancel it yet until you’re forced to, a lot of really good restaurants already shut down in Edinburgh since this started so I fear if you do cancel it might not be around by the time you get to go back!

Good point. I don't drink alcohol so not fussed about that rule if it stays. @Rugsterwould be disappointed though.

37 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Good point. I don't drink alcohol so not fussed about that rule if it stays. @Rugsterwould be disappointed though.

Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed at going to Fairlie without being able to have a nice glass of wine with dinner, but not enough to cancel! The food is the main event so I’m sure you and Rugster will both love it regardless based on what I’ve heard about Fhior.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Meant to be going to Fhior in Edinburgh in a few weeks for their 7 course tasting menu. It's after this 16 day lockdown but think I'm going to have to cancel it 😭 Anyone been?

Yes. It's fucking amazing.

Hope you'll still be able to go

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed at going to Fairlie without being able to have a nice glass of wine with dinner, but not enough to cancel! The food is the main event so I’m sure you and Rugster will both love it regardless based on what I’ve heard about Fhior.

Chees. Enjoy Andrew Fairlie. We have been 3 times and it's for me, the best restaurant I have been to. Beating a few michelin stars we have been to NYC.