Nom Nom Nom

13 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Looks nice, I was just joking mate.

I know, but it was my first dig with the "slap" method I had previously said about, and also the technique of folding the dough in and creating a seam to give it strength etc. I suspect that is what caused a slightly lopsided rise. That and maybe putting it in the oven breadthways. Think the heat from the fan hitting the back of the loaf caused an uneven rise. We shall see!

The fougasse.... Well I lost my dough scraper and was being hounded by a 2 year old 😂. Steep curve! 

Just now, Rugster said:

Had a BBQ last night. Marinaded some chicken in a tikka mix, some prawns in garlic, chilli and olive oil, along with  butcher burgers and the cheap go to hot dogs.

Fabulous.

I’m planning to do a barbecue at the weekend, I hope the weather holds up.

It’s one of the few times I am responsible for the cooking.  Sirloin, burgers and pork sausages is the plan - all from Tesco.  

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

An older version of this - https://www.nordicware.com/kettle-smoker

It's pretty good - I've used it for ribs, chicken, and fish in the past, but you do need to pay attention to timings to get it right.

Think I might fancy getting one and giving curing/smoking a bash. This summer seems like the time to do it given that iv f**k all else to do