Nom Nom Nom

9 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

Griddled salmon and asparagus, couple of poached eggs and some siracha.

IMG_20200403_234019_263.jpg

Looks great.

Maybe pareidolia but I'm seeing Terrence & Phillip in that Sriracha.

@MixuFixit

Recently bought a book called Dough by Richard Bertinet. Trying to add some fundamental #tekkers to bolster my self taught with concomitant limitations style. Anyway, I shall update once I knock out some loafs from it but this is the accompanying video regarding his kneading method in case you are interested. I am abandoning the mixer for now and moving to all hand made until I learn how to do it well. 

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

looks cool but life is too short for me to faff about with dough for that long, be interested to see your results though!

The video is 20 mins but hes doing other stuff too. He reckons his kneading technique is much faster than the traditional British technique as he refers to it. He says 5 minutes. 

I've done stuff like it as it's what folk do when making baguettes but as with anything like this, when an unconsciously competent expert does it, it takes 5 minutes and he has clean fingers at the end of it. When an eejit like me tries 15 minutes have gone by and it's still a sticky mess so I end up piling in flour and end up with a boring loaf. Mixer rules for me I'm afraid.
Aye fair enough. He does make it look stupidly easy and having watched it all the way through I have already forgotten bits and will need to spoon feed myself for a few tries.

These knock super noodles into a cocked hat.
Glorious snacking
20200408_104756.thumb.jpg.56321f92ef11d71f7333663a527fd594.jpg

Even more-so, the spicy stir fry version of those noodles are fucking spectacular if you can find them. 29p per pack in home bargains.

[mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] [mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention]
If you want to make tiger bread it's easy. Just make a paste out of rice flour, yeast, sugar & water. Do it before your 2nd proof.

Yeah iv did it before think I put pics on here. Use sesame oil in my paste too

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah iv did it before think I put pics on here. Use sesame oil in my paste too

Toasted sesame oil tends to be a wee bit overpowering. Amazing in marinades.