Nom Nom Nom

25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv just had carbonara for dinner as well. It’s a very basic recipe but the Mrs and child like it. It’s simply...
300 grams spaghetti
275mls cream
2 egg yokes
Parmesan
Bacon.

Boil the pasta and fry off some bacon. Drain the pasta and chuck everything in and cook it over a low heat. I always add pepper to mine. As I said very basic

Sad to see.

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv just had carbonara for dinner as well. It’s a very basic recipe but the Mrs and child like it. It’s simply...

300 grams spaghetti

275mls cream

2 egg yolks

Parmesan

Bacon.

Boil the pasta and fry off some bacon. Drain the pasta and chuck everything in and cook it over a low heat. I always add pepper to mine. As I said very basic

Cream he says. Cream!

Hope it curdled and gave you a sore belly.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The previously mentioned loaf with Pilsner malt. Finely ground malt mixed in with the dough and then coarser stuff spread over the top for a crispy crunchy crust. Will update with verdict....20200311_162858.jpeg

Well I have to come clean.... It looked the part and tasted good but the inside was very doughy in parts. Indeed I threw most of it out. Either the malt has had an adverse effect on the cooking, I havent cooked it for long enough, or I have over hydrated it. I cant see it though as you can get results from very wet dough and this was no more than sticky. 

I have enough malt to try one more time. I might put less of it in and hydrate to about 55% this time to see how it turns out

That's a shame, it looked the part. They can't all be belters I suppose.
Second attempt is on its last quick prove whilst the cast iron pot heats up. Less malt and less water.

Will return to experiment with high hydration bread after this. Annoyingly, since I fucked one up I now feel obligated to go and do some trial and error.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Second dig. Will see what it's like once cool enough to cut.... If its shite then this particular project shall be abandoned20200312_140102.jpeg

Looks good man. The very best of luck with the slice. If it's not pukka, it won't be for the want of trying.

24hrs late.... A Carbonara in the style of Bairnardo.

Was pretty good, only criticism I would make of it was that the coating should have been loosened out a touch more, but as I had used all the pasta water kept back, I just had to go with it.
20200312_161609.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

24hrs late.... A Carbonara in the style of Bairnardo.

Was pretty good, only criticism I would make of it was that the coating should have been loosened out a touch more, but as I had used all the pasta water kept back, I just had to go with it.

Spaghetti shortage in your area?

43 minutes ago, Dele said:

15841054183934318167615390521636.thumb.jpg.0a10045e433c3b571d7bb0ff0ed40a4e.jpg

Started eating before sharing. Creme Egg cheesecake. Gid like. 

Looks great. We need a Cheesecake Factory in Scotland.

(With or without Kaley Cuoco as a waitress)