Nom Nom Nom

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Have you tried the mayo?

Just buy the chilli sauce. Mix it with mayo for sandwiches though.

Knew there was a hotter red top but look at this:

sau716lg.jpg

Edited by Slenderman

Went to my local butcher this morning and got myself steak mince, a half pound of bacon, some chorizo style sausages and a whole chicken. 

Chicken getting broken up - legs for butter chicken tonight, breasts for something start of the week and carcass and wings for stock.

Mince and potentially sausages for Bolognese tomorrow, breaking out a pasta machine I got this week to make our own pasta. 

All that for £15. Keep this up and I'll be stoating about with a #BuyLocal tote bag in no time.

No excuses really, living in Leith I could get almost everything I need without having to set foot in a supermarket. Opening times and having to go from one place to the other the only downsides.

Anyway photos as they come

Went to my local butcher this morning and got myself steak mince, a half pound of bacon, some chorizo style sausages and a whole chicken. 
Chicken getting broken up - legs for butter chicken tonight, breasts for something start of the week and carcass and wings for stock.
Mince and potentially sausages for Bolognese tomorrow, breaking out a pasta machine I got this week to make our own pasta. 
All that for £15. Keep this up and I'll be stoating about with a #BuyLocal tote bag in no time.
No excuses really, living in Leith I could get almost everything I need without having to set foot in a supermarket. Opening times and having to go from one place to the other the only downsides.

Which butchers if you don't mind me asking?? I've had stuff from anderson's before, fairly decent.

10 hours ago, philpy said:
20 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Which butchers if you don't mind me asking?? I've had stuff from anderson's before, fairly decent.

Anderson's it was yeah, only heard good things tbf

Took some pieces of haddock and some bacon out of the freezer a couple of days ago and now need to use them before they go off. 

Ive found some recipes for haddock wrapped in , or topped with,  bacon, but I’ve never tried this combo before and I’m nervous about wasting it all on something risky. Any P&B chefs tried this before ?.....and , if so , was it any good ?

Took some pieces of haddock and some bacon out of the freezer a couple of days ago and now need to use them before they go off. 
Ive found some recipes for haddock wrapped in , or topped with,  bacon, but I’ve never tried this combo before and I’m nervous about wasting it all on something risky. Any P&B chefs tried this before ?.....and , if so , was it any good ?
If they're going off just give it a go. Won't know if it's any good till you try it. That's half the fun with cooking iv found.

Yes, the saltiness of the bacon will compliment the fish. A few vine tomatoes roasted & a celiaric mash is a great accompaniment.

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Yes, the saltiness of the bacon will compliment the fish. A few vine tomatoes roasted & a celiaric mash is a great accompaniment.

Thanks min. I’m just using what I’ve got in the house for accompaniments .....so basically,  carrots and tattles and maybe some frozen mixed veg.  Don’t think I’ve had celeriac in any form before. 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, A96 said:

If they're going off just give it a go. Won't know if it's any good till you try it. That's half the fun with cooking iv found.

Thanks.  Folded two haddock fillets in half lengthwise with some some chopped onion in the middle , then wrapped in bacon.  In the oven now., should be ready in10-15 mins.