Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Is that because someone has eaten them already?

The one plus point to visiting decaying and decrepit relatives in Fife is a trip to Stephen’s. Used to get those stovies at lunchtime when I was at school a few decades ago and they made me grow up to be a healthy and spritely individual.

Edited by Shandon Par

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The one plus point to visiting decaying and decrepit relatives in Fife is a trip to Stephen’s. Used to get those stovies at lunchtime when I was at school a few decades ago and they made me grow up to be a healthy and spritely individual.

You seem to be eating the same ones from decades ago.

On 18/09/2019 at 19:30, djchapsticks said:

Sweet potatoes can take themselves so far to f**k. They are truly shite things in any form.

Even fucking Americans have now taken to adding marshmallows to them to make sweet potato smores.

Nope. They don't work as chips, wedges, mash, baked, roasted or as pudding, smores or any sweet. They're shite all ends up.

I made a keema (curry flavour sheperds pie) the other day out of the pinch of nom book i have that required the mash to be 20% sweet potato. Turned out nice.

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Bootiful. Just 177 calories too. 

They do look delicious. Bit too much pepper on them for my liking though. 

16 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scenes !

20200205_153215.jpg

Playing up to the stereotype well here, Flybhoy. 

Any recommendations for Indian restaurants in and around the Haymarket area? I mean, I will check reviews elsewhere, but I trust the judgement of the good folk of P&B more, obviously.

Dishoom. For both breakfast and evening food.

On 08/02/2020 at 17:22, DrewDon said:

Any recommendations for Indian restaurants in and around the Haymarket area? I mean, I will check reviews elsewhere, but I trust the judgement of the good folk of P&B more, obviously.

I might  be a bit late for your party but try the Khukuri. Nepalese and a whole level up from a traditional Indian. 

Dishoom : As Indian as my last shite - and I'd been cooking Italian for weeks.

Make-it-up-as-you-go-along -small-plate-keech.

TripAdvisor says good, though, so must be great.....

General clue : if it"s on St. Andrew's Square ( or any other key city spot across the fucking world ) you are paying through the nose for a corporate idea of what you want to eat. If that's your thing, I apologise.

Otherwise, f**k me, it's no hard to work out where NOT to eat.