Nom Nom Nom

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Today's loaf rather magnificent if I do say so myself. About 40/60% Spelt:Wheat flour. I think I'm going to do some really dark rye bread seeing as my starter seems to be in good shape just now.

IMG_20191015_210426.jpegIMG_20191015_210435.jpegIMG_20191015_210501.jpeg

Looks great.

23 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It depends how much bread I feel like eating, it can be every second day, it can be once a week.

If I think I want a loaf I'll get the starter out the fridge and feed it, then leave it overnight at room temperature to get going. The next morning I'll get dough going in the mixer while I'm sorting breakfast and lunch out. Then I'll leave it to rise while I'm at work to bake it in the evening when I get back.

Get a pic of the crumb.

57 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It depends how much bread I feel like eating, it can be every second day, it can be once a week.

If I think I want a loaf I'll get the starter out the fridge and feed it, then leave it overnight at room temperature to get going. The next morning I'll get dough going in the mixer while I'm sorting breakfast and lunch out. Then I'll leave it to rise while I'm at work to bake it in the evening when I get back.

Sounds great, I wish I was as organised. I've not made bread since the bad weather.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

HP sauce is utterly minging. Covering food in vinegary, watery shite.

HP sauce is great on a sausage roll or slice/square/lorne/whatever...

Whenever I'm getting a chippy in Edinburgh it's got to have that weird brown sauce they do.

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

The chips were actually nicely cooked and crispy, you pair of imbeciles. Any Mullarkey, haven't you got some own goals to score??

Do look a bit underdone.

Brisket sandwich good though.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Brisket sandwich with cheese and mustard with a gravy dip. Lovely. There was another half to that sandwich, but it was long gone before the pic emoji108.pngIMG_20191018_174613.jpeg

I liked the look of that until I saw what looks like a witches finger trying to escape from the back of the sandwich.

Ha! That was a bit of brisket with cheese that feel out of the sandwich before it.
It was the raven, on Renfield Street.

I liked the look of that until I saw what looks like a witches finger trying to escape from the back of the sandwich.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

Anyone been to Prime in inverness for food? tempted to go this weekend but want to know if it's any use beforehand.

Yes. It was just ok. Having said that I don’t like judging a place on only one visit and I know a few folk who have been a few times and said it was excellent. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Yes. It was just ok. Having said that I don’t like judging a place on only one visit and I know a few folk who have been a few times and said it was excellent. 

It's between there, The Kitchen and the Whitehouse currently! Was going for the Mustard Seed initially but was fully booked for when we could go.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

It's between there, The Kitchen and the Whitehouse currently! Was going for the Mustard Seed initially but was fully booked for when we could go.

Kitchen and White House both very good too.