31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Looks good chef but I think you're selling yourself short on sauce and cheese

Less is more brother, but the photos dont do justice. They werr loaded up pretty well 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Latest efforts from the pizza oven..... Better tonight. 20190802_191502.jpeg20190802_191456.jpeg

Looks fantastic. Well played, sir. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Latest efforts from the pizza oven..... Better tonight. 20190802_191502.jpeg20190802_191456.jpeg

Looks great.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Less is more brother, but the photos dont do justice. They werr loaded up pretty well 

You should've cut it in to 4, I couldn't eat 6.

That one was Mrs Bs. I keep telling her 4 is more than enough but she insists on 6. What can you do eh?

That one was Mrs Bs. I keep telling her 4 is more than enough but she insists on 6. What can you do eh?

Jab her

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a shame someone has to miss out.

Spoiler
See the source image

Chipotle pork belly and black bean tortillas. Been watching these bubble away since about 10 this morning.IMG_20190804_183058.jpeg

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Chipotle pork belly and black bean tortillas. Been watching these bubble away since about 10 this morning.IMG_20190804_183058.jpeg

On 02/08/2019 at 12:18, Mark Connolly said:

Somebody appears to have shat in it.

17 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Looks amazing. Would have made a little Pico de gallo and some coriander too. Would go well with the fattiness of pork belly.

Edited by Slenderman
Spelling/autocorrect

Maybe something for the TV thread, but I'd recommend any budding cook to watch Netflix 'The Mind of a Chef' and 'Taco Chronicles'.

Just about to have a go at a focaccia, and tonights dinner is chicken tikka, mango and pepper kebabs with salad, tzatziki and home made pitta breads. Pucs of both will follow if not a disaster

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Made a Banana Loaf Cake this afternoon. Couldn't find our smaller, deeper loaf tin. Still came out ok though.

20190807_164942.jpg

I dont have much of a sweet tooth but I do have serious weakness for banana loaf. 

Anyway, here is my first focaccia. Work to be done there was some issies with (I presume) maybe over proving the dough. And probably not enough oil as I like it soaking in olive oil. But a very very tasty article. Went for a mix of toppings to let Mrs B have a try of various. 

20190807_164431.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont have much of a sweet tooth but I do have serious weakness for banana loaf. 

Anyway, here is my first focaccia. Work to be done there was some issies with (I presume) maybe over proving the dough. And probably not enough oil as I like it soaking in olive oil. But a very very tasty article. Went for a mix of toppings to let Mrs B have a try of various. 

20190807_164431.jpg

Looks decent, you could always drizzle a wee bit olive oil over it when it's just out the oven if it's looking too dry? It should soak into the bread a little bit.

[mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention]
  in ye come 

Doesnae fit in a cast iron pot so I abdicate all expertise

Got some lamb leg steaks reduced to £1.25 in the co-op last week, chucked them in the freezer, defrosted them last night, the wife made a lovely lamb tikka with them. Browned off, then cooked in a casserole dish for 2 hours. Perfect.