Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 28/07/2019 at 17:03, Bairnardo said:

First dig wi the pizza oven. 20190728_163859.jpeg

Good effort that Bairnardo, not keen on the prawns mind.

I fucking love pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Good effort that Bairnardo, not keen on the prawns mind.

I fucking love pizza

This pizza oven is probably the finest gadget type purchase iv ever made. I didnt know I needed it so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This pizza oven is probably the finest gadget type purchase iv ever made. I didnt know I needed it so bad

Looks a decent investment 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Looks a decent investment 👍

 

If I say so myself, I did a good job on the dough. The thing now is trial and error with toppings. For example, it seems fresh mozzarella leeches a lot of water when it cooks. Need to get that ironed out somehow. Its going to be an adventure for which I will have to pay with serious exercise....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I say so myself, I did a good job on the dough. The thing now is trial and error with toppings. For example, it seems fresh mozzarella leeches a lot of water when it cooks. Need to get that ironed out somehow. Its going to be an adventure for which I will have to pay with serious exercise....

Cut your mozzarella before hand and leave it out the fridge for a while before you intend on using it (max 4 hours) or use the cubed fresh mozzarella that you get next to the balled version.

Updates of the best toppings would be welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cut your mozzarella before hand and leave it out the fridge for a while before you intend on using it (max 4 hours) or use the cubed fresh mozzarella that you get next to the balled version.
Updates of the best toppings would be welcome.
Can do mate. That one was mozzarella, prawns and green pesto. Tasted great but too much wetness. Will try your method.

Mrs B had mozzarella, salami and some feta. It was also good. The bread itself was start of the show tbh, as the case normally with proper stone baked pizza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I got given this old plate, which I think is from the 80s, for nonother reason than Pizza is my current obsession. Its got a recipe on it.

This is precisely why British people are utter fucking heathens when it comes to food.... Look at the bit for pizza dough....

Fucking state of that20190730_155339.jpeg

I’ve never made a pizza before, so what is so bad about the dough bit? Wrong ingredients, or the ridiculously specific measurements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can do mate. That one was mozzarella, prawns and green pesto. Tasted great but too much wetness. Will try your method.

Mrs B had mozzarella, salami and some feta. It was also good. The bread itself was start of the show tbh, as the case normally with proper stone baked pizza.

Did you make your own dough? Was it similar to bread dough? 

You could try and MSG OUT pizza

Mozzarella, Sausage, Green Olives, Urchin and Tarragon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve never made a pizza before, so what is so bad about the dough bit? Wrong ingredients, or the ridiculously specific measurements?
Youv had a pizza though.... That "dough" would hit you like a fucking train and block your bowel for a week. Certainly wouldnt resemble and sort of pizza bread iv ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you make your own dough? Was it similar to bread dough? 
You could try and MSG OUT pizza
Mozzarella, Sausage, Green Olives, Urchin and Tarragon.
 
Yeah the dough was just 00 flour, water, salt and yeast, proved for 2 hours, divided up then proved again and stretched out thin. Pretty easy but done by hand is a shift. Will be mixer and dough hook mext time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:
Did you make your own dough? Was it similar to bread dough? 
You could try and MSG OUT pizza
Mozzarella, Sausage, Green Olives, Urchin and Tarragon.
 

Yeah the dough was just 00 flour, water, salt and yeast, proved for 2 hours, divided up then proved again and stretched out thin. Pretty easy but done by hand is a shift. Will be mixer and dough hook mext time.

Ahh nice 00 flour I used that to make pasta it was excellent. Can you hand throw the dough yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I say so myself, I did a good job on the dough. The thing now is trial and error with toppings. For example, it seems fresh mozzarella leeches a lot of water when it cooks. Need to get that ironed out somehow. Its going to be an adventure for which I will have to pay with serious exercise....

Good advice from Adam101 re the mozzarella. Try to let it dry out a bit, and if it's the large balls of mozzarella, that come in a pouch with water, a right good squeeze over the sink will help.

 

Kenkeneth.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silverton End said:

Good advice from Adam101 re the mozzarella. Try to let it dry out a bit, and if it's the large balls of mozzarella, that come in a pouch with water, a right good squeeze over the sink will help.

 

Kenkeneth.jpg

I wouldn't squeeze the ball just let it relax as it warms up and the water will come out, which is what is happening on top of your pizza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
I’ve never made a pizza before, so what is so bad about the dough bit? Wrong ingredients, or the ridiculously specific measurements?

Youv had a pizza though.... That "dough" would hit you like a fucking train and block your bowel for a week. Certainly wouldnt resemble and sort of pizza bread iv ever had.

I’ve had plenty of pizza but never made dough of any kind, and never asked how the dough was made for any pizzas I’ve ordered, so absolutely no idea what that dough would be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I wouldn't squeeze the ball just let it relax as it warms up and the water will come out, which is what is happening on top of your pizza.

Fair point.

I was needlessly adding some smut into the topic 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Ahh nice 00 flour I used that to make pasta it was excellent. Can you hand throw the dough yet?

Not yet but I intend to learn, so I can be gallus as f**k...

32 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Good advice from Adam101 re the mozzarella. Try to let it dry out a bit, and if it's the large balls of mozzarella, that come in a pouch with water, a right good squeeze over the sink will help.

 

Kenkeneth.jpg

Will give this a try next time for sure.

23 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Fair point.

I was needlessly adding some smut into the topic 😀

Is smut ever truly needless? One thinks not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15645098309338196638536314673467.thumb.jpg.8a68a98e85493ee91e2c4f26bb7944d6.jpg

It's actually quite nice in a shake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Best left field pizza topping: black pudding

Bier Halles Stornoway Black Pudding and Egg pizza is the stuff of wet dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...