Nom Nom Nom

On 04/06/2023 at 14:46, 101 said:

Grand thanks!

Time flies, Fihor which is the best place I have eaten I think I was there for 3:30 and time flew in it was great, that said we started at 19:30. Folk were just starting when we were finishing up which would be a bit more of a slog.

Fhior is indeed fantastic.

On 04/06/2023 at 15:40, Derry Alli said:

I often think of going to these nice places and broadening the tastebuds and then somebody writes "we were in there for three hours" and I realise - fuck that.

And they don't do stuff like Pot Noodle in a yorkshire pudding. You'd hate them.

On 04/06/2023 at 14:56, Bairnardo said:

Yeah it didn't feel it. I said that to the wife this morning. Any other place I'd be fucking seething if it took that long, but at places like that the whole thing is a bit of an experience really. 

They are hitting you with 8 different courses and an option for a ninth. There's not a huge amount of time spent waiting about really.

The money involved etc, it's a treat really. Once a year maybe. 

The best thing about eating at places like that for me... When I go to normal restaurants I often find myself thinking about recreating what I'm eating or picking fault. At these sorts of places I just quite literally couldn't dream about putting up even a single course of that quality. 

Please tell me you went for the cheese course? Best cheese course I’ve ever eaten.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

The youngster has been at it again, produced this warm citrus sticky bbq sauce for the chicken, fuckin' tasted amazing....

20230619_204527.thumb.jpg.5a119b2f0dd1739b45102292e668f258.jpg

I feel this delicious looking plate has  been overlooked by the monstrosity that came before! Give me all of that please, the veg and rice look cooked perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I feel this delicious looking plate has  been overlooked by the monstrosity that came before! Give me all of that please, the veg and rice look cooked perfectly. 

Oh it was, the veg was slightly al dente and the rice was sticky.

My step daughter is taking home economics at school and sometimes when I get home from work at the back of ten at night there are cakes. Might not look much tonight but after a 15 hour stint it has made me so happy. IMG_20230622_224406.thumb.jpg.797bcfb13e0007e3e6cb0083ddf68090.jpg

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

My step daughter is taking home economics at school and sometimes when I get home from work at the back of ten at night there are cakes. Might not look much tonight but after a 15 hour stint it has made me so happy. IMG_20230622_224406.thumb.jpg.797bcfb13e0007e3e6cb0083ddf68090.jpg

Upvoted for a combination of the cake & a clean, nicely trimmed thumbnail.