Nom Nom Nom

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This seems as good a place as any to ask, does anyone know of somewhere that I can buy spring roll wrappers in Glasgow?  I can't find proper ones anywhere and filo pastry is shit as an alternative

Oaka at Strathclyde Uni seems to have rice paper if you wanted to do Vietnamese style spring rolls - https://www.oakasupercity.com/product-page/valcom-rice-paper

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That would be See Woo, I think, no longer with us.  I believe it shut, reopened and recently shut again  

Actually I just remembered I bought spring roll wrappers from Amazon once years ago. Blue dragon brand. 

On 13/03/2023 at 13:26, Derry Alli said:

It really is the business. Loco Rita's is getting great reviews but I think that's vegan only.

It's vegan yeah but it's banging.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This seems as good a place as any to ask, does anyone know of somewhere that I can buy spring roll wrappers in Glasgow?  I can't find proper ones anywhere and filo pastry is shit as an alternative

If OAKA don't have them, it's worth having a jaunt around Partick. There are a lot of Asian supermarkets there.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I noticed there is a place off Dobbies Loan as well. 

I always thought that was just for trade but Google reviews suggest it's open to the public too. That would be a shout.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I noticed there is a place off Dobbies Loan as well. 

Chung Ying - it's been there for a million years, but they've no website. They always used to be fine for branded prepackaged stuff - Blue Dragon, Kikkoman sauces and all that jazz - so if Rugster reckons Blue Dragon make them I'd give them a bell. 

ETA - been ages since I've been in, but certainly used to be open to the public. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Chung Ying - it's been there for a million years, but they've no website. They always used to be fine for branded prepackaged stuff - Blue Dragon, Kikkoman sauces and all that jazz - so if Rugster reckons Blue Dragon make them I'd give them a bell. 

ETA - been ages since I've been in, but certainly used to be open to the public. 

Definitely do

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Dragon-Spring-Roll-Wrapper/dp/B01CUDM53O/ref=sr_1_2?crid=XICHB1GED5SD&keywords=blue+dragon+spring+roll+wrappers&qid=1682526996&sprefix=Blue+dragon+spring%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-2

32 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Is there not a place up near Sarecen Cross

There used to be a big supermarket up there near the howdens 

Edit - Just noticed that was the aforementioned see woo that has closed. 

there is an oriental supermarket in finnieston 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

There used to be a big supermarket up there near the howdens 

Edit - Just noticed that was the aforementioned see woo that has closed. 

there is an oriental supermarket in finnieston 

There's also a swingers club up there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ICTFCwife
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone has scran at the Ox and Finch? If so, would they recommend?

Yes the food is fairly decent they’ve got a good vegetarian/vegan menu too,if you were that way inclined however if you were looking for good scran id say the citizen or the anchorline are probably my go to places for good food as they never disappoint.