Nom Nom Nom

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Where you getting two suppers for £5.95?

£9.50 now for fish and chips at my chippy.

£7.70 for a Haddock supper here.

Deep fried pickled onions is a new one...

Second go on the pizza oven today (the first was a disaster). Came out pretty decent but I can see me being obsessively looking at dough recipes and pizza making techniques over the next few months!

64e3acc9-cfea-4f72-9bb2-27786e912939.thumb.jpg.dcd0d40afc9d3370662da16cfcfa701d.jpg

64e3acc9-cfea-4f72-9bb2-27786e912939.thumb.jpg.dcd0d40afc9d3370662da16cfcfa701d.jpg
Great stuff. I also made pizzas tonight and burnt the tips clean off two fingers catching the fucker when I knocked it over.

Why did I try to catch a 400 degree oven.....

Well thats for the clever people to answer.

I also did pizza this afternoon. Tending to the fire in a pizza oven when it’s already 27c outside was not a pleasant experience, I have to say. And it wasn’t a quick cook either, we did 18 pizzas today.

When it comes to dough, though, simple is better @beesher. I use the recipe on the ooni app, just strong white bread flour, water, yeast and salt. Prove for 3-4 hours, portion, then prove for another hour. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Great stuff. I also made pizzas tonight and burnt the tips clean off two fingers catching the fucker when I knocked it over.

Why did I try to catch a 400 degree oven.....

Well thats for the clever people to answer.

You’ve been spending too much time with @Shandön Par

6 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I also did pizza this afternoon. Tending to the fire in a pizza oven when it’s already 27c outside was not a pleasant experience, I have to say. And it wasn’t a quick cook either, we did 18 pizzas today.

When it comes to dough, though, simple is better @beesher. I use the recipe on the ooni app, just strong white bread flour, water, yeast and salt. Prove for 3-4 hours, portion, then prove for another hour. 

You’ve been spending too much time with @Shandön Par

It's usually a 1 in 1 out scenario. 

15 hours ago, beesher said:

Second go on the pizza oven today (the first was a disaster). Came out pretty decent but I can see me being obsessively looking at dough recipes and pizza making techniques over the next few months!

64e3acc9-cfea-4f72-9bb2-27786e912939.jpg

64e3acc9-cfea-4f72-9bb2-27786e912939.jpg

Looks great. 

Top tip: Brush the crust with olive oil before putting in oven

• 3 weeks later...