Nom Nom Nom

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Went to an Italian restaurant near Aberdeen the other night and, as the menu was a bit bland, asked if they could do me a plate of cacio e pepe. The waitress came back and said they were a bit short of pecorino but could still do it.

I wondered how they were going to manage a 3 ingredient dish with only 2 ingredients.

They replaced the pecorino with olive oil. What I got was a bowl of congealed linguine floating in oil with barely enough pepper to taste.

Grim.

They made you Italian Mac & Cheese as Mac & Oil, brutal!

On 02/04/2022 at 10:08, Newbornbairn said:

Went to an Italian restaurant near Aberdeen the other night and, as the menu was a bit bland, asked if they could do me a plate of cacio e pepe. The waitress came back and said they were a bit short of pecorino but could still do it.

I wondered how they were going to manage a 3 ingredient dish with only 2 ingredients.

They replaced the pecorino with olive oil. What I got was a bowl of congealed linguine floating in oil with barely enough pepper to taste.

Grim.

That sounds awful. Surely they had some parmigiano kicking about.

Best cacio e pepe ever was in the Central market in Florence. Didn't want it to end.

Breakfast at a posh golf lodge place near London this morning.

£25 for 1 sausage (quite nice), 2 half slices of toast, a crock of beans, 2 burnt to cardboard (but not in a good way) bits of bacon and 2 poached eggs which were basically raw in a thin bag of egg white.

Oh and a pot of tea.

Had a bit of left over stock (knorr, nothing fancy) when making soup so decided to put it in a mug and drink it. Was a bit bland so i gave it a good skoosh of sriracha.  Was quite good so i made a big mug of it yesterday. Confirmed it was well peng. Recommended. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Had a bit of left over stock (knorr, nothing fancy) when making soup so decided to put it in a mug and drink it. Was a bit bland so i gave it a good skoosh of sriracha.  Was quite good so i made a big mug of it yesterday. Confirmed it was well peng. Recommended. 

Had to Google "peng".

TIL

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Had to Google "peng".

TIL

I used to watch a Youtube channel called The Pengest Munch, which was just a guy from London going about reviewing Fried Chicken shops and showing his latest pair of trainers. 

I watched hours and hours of it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I used to watch a Youtube channel called The Pengest Munch, which was just a guy from London going about reviewing Fried Chicken shops and showing his latest pair of trainers. 

Just keep thinking of this homie

PFRD_rpPwAIY-FC2t6Ob0GpJe2udeEaXNwug4Dx8

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My boy showed me an episode of that once. The wee guy was reviewing a chicken burger and said, "When I first saw this burger, I thought it looked hench and peng. But now I've tasted it I can confirm it's just hench". 

I laughed for ages afterwards.

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Cucina Rustica in Birmingham tonight. Arancini, followed by spaghetti bolognese 20220411_191231.thumb.jpg.dca7b757700cec07cbdf8dcc83d3d0a1.jpg

Plate's nearly fucking falling off the table.

(Love Arancini though)