Nom Nom Nom

56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d probably pay for whatever I’d had as a starter and walk out in that scenario. I’m the customer here and don’t give a f**k what your opinion of the meat is, if I want a sauce with it then I’ll have one.

It did cause uproarious laughter in the rest of us tbh.

Imagine the auld guy would have been fucking livid in the event of a "well done please" but I'd never do that myself even for banter

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d probably pay for whatever I’d had as a starter and walk out in that scenario. I’m the customer here and don’t give a f**k what your opinion of the meat is, if I want a sauce with it then I’ll have one.

Even if it's not on the menu? Nah, you choose the restaurant based on it's fayre. They don't have to provide anything you want.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Even if it's not on the menu? Nah, you choose the restaurant based on it's fayre. They don't have to provide anything you want.

In Bairnardo’s post he said he asked the waiter which sauce he’d recommend, so my assumption is that there was a choice available and he wanted a recommendation based on that.

Quite clearly you can’t go to McDonald’s and demand they serve you a ceviche, I thought that would be blatantly obvious to everyone, but maybe not...

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

In Bairnardo’s post he said he asked the waiter which sauce he’d recommend, so my assumption is that there was a choice available and he wanted a recommendation based on that.

Quite clearly you can’t go to McDonald’s and demand they serve you a ceviche, I thought that would be blatantly obvious to everyone, but maybe not...

It would have been, if that's what that was ever mentioned.

Were there sauces on the menu? @Bairnardo

Just now, jimbaxters said:

It would have been, if that's what that was ever mentioned.

Were there sauces on the menu? @Bairnardo

I mean, I reserve the right to completely change my view point if there are no sauces on the menu. If that’s the case then his pal is being the knob in that situation and is deserving of the treatment given to him by the waiter.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I mean, I reserve the right to completely change my view point if there are no sauces on the menu. If that’s the case then his pal is being the knob in that situation and is deserving of the treatment given to him by the waiter.

(Sucks teeth) No' sure that's allowed 😉

28 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The market down the road from us had the fishmonger in yesterday so langoustine and mussel paella last night, absolutely delicious (forgot to take pictures)

Also made some stock with the langoustine shells, any recommendations what to use it in?

Smoked haddock risotto with a poached egg on top?

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The market down the road from us had the fishmonger in yesterday so langoustine and mussel paella last night, absolutely delicious (forgot to take pictures)

Also made some stock with the langoustine shells, any recommendations what to use it in?

Reduce it down with white wine and add cream (GIRUY Baxter) for a delicious pasta sauce