Nom Nom Nom

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:
Talk us through the caramelised onions bit. I'm all ears. 

I sous vide them this time, so a quick blast in the frying pan with butter, salt pepper and honey then into a vac bag then water bath at 85 for several hours. Having said that, if you do the same in a pot and get a lid on with the minimum heat under it for 2 or 3 hours the result is probably as good if not better. Time is the key. A decent caramelized onion takes linger to cook than one might think. 20 minutes to half an hour might seem like plenty but it just isnt

What sous vide did you go for in the end mate and would you recommend for the sous vide- curious semi-skilled home chef?

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What sous vide did you go for in the end mate and would you recommend for the sous vide- curious semi-skilled home chef?

I am still using my beer boiler which works surprisingly well but hoping to be gifted an Anova sous vide stick for my anniversary....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I am still using my beer boiler which works surprisingly well but hoping to be gifted an Anova sous vide stick for my anniversary....

Sound, on a related note I might get back to you on that home brewing advice later this month! Hope the burgers and that  were good 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Stingy with butter across the board. Second from right has been well and truly shafted on the bacon

Second from left fight me

That was the best. Well-fired roll and blt. Really nice smoky/cured bacon. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Did you cook the eggs in the washing machine?

I think he did well to hit the roll targets having loaded the bacon, eggs and salad into a blunderbus and fired it blindfolded....

I hope he has a better eye for detail at the painting.

I say this constructively.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

We had tuna burgers last night. Grilled them as i would normally, but put the brioche buns in the air fryer for 3 mins to toast them. Gamechanger.

2 nil to Mrs Connolly onnthe air frier then