Nom Nom Nom

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:
Instead of a pub crawl, we could get together for a buffet. 
Sgt Wilson on boiled eggs 

Least we know the eggs will be served with chips then. Fucking loads of them tae

I've made chips under heavy gun fire, you lot don't know you're born!

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Depends. What did you get? Full cooked dinner every night  or £1 for the chip van?

Never anything on repeat. Was usually travelling with the football (which I suppose might explain as at least two would be missing from the house). 

Today’s lunch, not homemade but highly recommended.  Prawn and scallops in a lobster sauce from Sainsbury’s.  You’ll want lots of bread and a spoon for the surplus sauce.  Alternatively  have a single portion as a starter for dinner.

D8B2941A-E4EC-4106-8983-0A6529381C17.thumb.jpeg.0212e8ce7bcb192d29c51bd56216b69d.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Never anything on repeat. Was usually travelling with the football (which I suppose might explain as at least two would be missing from the house). 

Asked and answered then. Think I'm a good bit older than you so Sunday dinner was a must in my day, even if it wasn't always what could be described as a culinary delight.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Please don't.

It looks great, but now you've brought it up, the egg is a bit over done. It might not be traditional but I prefer to get an egg in sesame oil and add it then.

The egg was about a minute past what I wanted it to be, I lost track of the timing. 

1 minute ago, Craig the Hunter said:

The egg was about a minute past what I wanted it to be, I lost track of the timing. 

I see I somehow managed to type get instead of fry. Anyway fried solves the timing issue.

I'd like to try to make scotch eggs, but I think the eggs would be like squash balls by the time I finished.

Guest bernardblack
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, bernardblack said:
Pulled pork Mac and cheese on the go today. 

You may or may not be interested, but in my pursuit of the perfect pulled pork I have settled in pork shoulder done in apple juice in the slow cooker for at least 6 hours, then juice reduced down till it thickens and a wee drop bbq sauce added, then poured back over the pulled pork, which by then can be dealt with using wooden spoon

Like for like here but used cider instead of juice. Will try the juice next time 👍🏻

On 21/02/2021 at 18:05, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've made chips under heavy gun fire, you lot don't know you're born!

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I cook every meal under heavy gunfire.

Well, the smell of JPS anyway.

Until you've made gravy under gunfire you've never earned your stipes.

See the source image