Nom Nom Nom

Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed at going to Fairlie without being able to have a nice glass of wine with dinner, but not enough to cancel! The food is the main event so I’m sure you and Rugster will both love it regardless based on what I’ve heard about Fhior.

Personally i dont think i would enjoy fairlie as much without a glass of wine. The food is tremendous but its the whole experience for me which includes the wine.

Im going at the start of november (although going to dormy for dinner). Going with my mate and wife for his bday. Be raging if we cant drink. We had planned a day getting pished whilst the birds go to spa.

23 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Personally i dont think i would enjoy fairlie as much without a glass of wine. The food is tremendous but its the whole experience for me which includes the wine.

Im going at the start of november (although going to dormy for dinner). Going with my mate and wife for his bday. Be raging if we cant drink. We had planned a day getting pished whilst the birds go to spa.

Agree it would definitely be better with a bottle of wine, but I’m going for the food primarily, so won’t be cancelling a whole weekend/2 Michelin star dinner because of the lack of a drink during it.

I’m afraid you’re pretty fucked, with the spa as well as it’s closed. It’s only the gym and pool open and no chance the rest will be opened by November. 

Agree it would definitely be better with a bottle of wine, but I’m going for the food primarily, so won’t be cancelling a whole weekend/2 Michelin star dinner because of the lack of a drink during it.
I’m afraid you’re pretty fucked, with the spa as well as it’s closed. It’s only the gym and pool open and no chance the rest will be opened by November. 

Is the spa closed? I think the pools in the spa are closed but i think they can still get a treatment.

Hopefully she relaxes the rules for certain areas and gleneagles falls into that area 🤷‍♂️[emoji23]

Not holding out much hope. Could be a carry oot in the room

31 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Is the spa closed? I think the pools in the spa are closed but i think they can still get a treatment.

Hopefully she relaxes the rules for certain areas and gleneagles falls into that area 🤷‍♂️emoji23.png

Not holding out much hope. Could be a carry oot in the room

The pool is open and so is the gym. They currently have a limited range of treatments as well, but all of the jacuzzi, sauna etc are all shut.

I’m taking drink for the room, although they have said they can serve alcohol as part of room service.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

The pool is open and so is the gym. They currently have a limited range of treatments as well, but all of the jacuzzi, sauna etc are all shut.
I’m taking drink for the room, although they have said they can serve alcohol as part of room service.

Its looking like man city v liverpool the day we are there so could be a carry out in the room to watch that

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Got a paella pan a couple of months back; wish I’d done it years ago.

Haven’t made a fish based one yet but been having chicken, veal and chorizo every couple of weeks and not tiring of it at all.

What is your recipe?

Ive had a few attempts using ones off of google but it has not been anything special.

Edited by PB1994

On 16/10/2020 at 15:45, Granny Danger said:

Got a paella pan a couple of months back; wish I’d done it years ago.

Haven’t made a fish based one yet but been having chicken, veal and chorizo every couple of weeks and not tiring of it at all.

Paella is fantastic.