Nom Nom Nom

On 04/10/2020 at 19:57, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Schmancy Sunday dinner today. Porchetta stuffed with garlic, grapefruit zest, rosemary and nutmeg; parmesan polenta; green beans and bacon; and some quick balsamic onions. Delightful

IMG_20201004_184058.jpg

Best plate of food seen on here for a while.

Said it before but polenta is underrated as a starch. When done well, which this one looks to be, it's the food of the gods. 

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Best plate of food seen on here for a while.

Said it before but polenta is underrated as a starch. When done well, which this one looks to be, it's the food of the gods. 

Thanks! Yeah that was her domain (as well as cinnamon buns, bread and pickling chilli's) on Sunday, as I have made an arse of polenta before 

36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Americans cannae cook and even if they could f**k me they don't deserve to appreciate nice food:

image.thumb.png.ba37a8380ac71394eacc9a375740a2a0.png

ETA: Aye you're going to cut about life as Miss Splawn Nobody has this name.

People who dislike broccoli are OFTW.

53 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I like it fine, but GTF with slow cooking it till its mush

Broccoli and a good cheddar bechamel is probably my favourite side dish for roast chicken.

Do any of you make your own rub? (no fnarr)

I usually get mines from Mister Marinade. I'd run out so went to Sainsburys and got a selection of their own jar'd ones (as they were about £1.50) and they're fucking awful. Even at that price. 

Anyway, looking to find out if its worthwhile giving it a go myself or if when it's bad it's real bad and they just need binned. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Do any of you make your own rub? (no fnarr)
I usually get mines from Mister Marinade. I'd run out so went to Sainsburys and got a selection of their own jar'd ones (as they were about £1.50) and they're fucking awful. Even at that price. 
Anyway, looking to find out if its worthwhile giving it a go myself or if when it's bad it's real bad and they just need binned. 
Dry or wet? (Fnarr)

I sometimes use a dry rub of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.

Was at the Andrew Fairlie in Gleneagles and had the Degustation menu - absolutely outstanding. Pricey but for a special occasion and given the current situation only the second meal out we have had in 6 months.

Crab Claw

Razor Clam, Squash, Caviar

Ballotine of Foie Gras

Poached Apple & Plum

Fillet of Stone Bass

Parsnip & Vanilla

Macaroni

Girolles & Autumn Truffle

Home Smoked Scottish Lobster

Warm Lime and Herb Butter

Highland Lamb

Merguez, Cassis Onions

Chocolate Moelleux, Blackcurrant, Yuzu but changed this for the Vanilla Souffle, Roasted Fig and Fig Leaf ice cream.

Ballotine of Foie Gras, Poached apple and plum.jpg

Fillet of Stone Bass, Vanilla and Parsnip.jpg

Highland lamb. merquez and Cassis onions.jpg

Home smoked lobster warm lime and herb butter.jpg

Vanilla Souffle, Roasted Fig and  fig leaf ice cream.jpg

3 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Was at the Andrew Fairlie in Gleneagles and had the Degustation menu - absolutely outstanding. Pricey but for a special occasion and given the current situation only the second meal out we have had in 6 months.

Crab Claw

Razor Clam, Squash, Caviar

Ballotine of Foie Gras

Poached Apple & Plum

Fillet of Stone Bass

Parsnip & Vanilla

Macaroni

Girolles & Autumn Truffle

Home Smoked Scottish Lobster

Warm Lime and Herb Butter

Highland Lamb

Merguez, Cassis Onions

Chocolate Moelleux, Blackcurrant, Yuzu but changed this for the Vanilla Souffle, Roasted Fig and Fig Leaf ice cream.

<snip>

Looks fucking awesome.

9 hours ago, The Naitch said:

That's like a mutated toad in the hole. Not pretty.

A toad in the hole should be about 4 inches higher than the dish.

Agree it's not the prettiest thing in the world

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

IIRC they don't smoke the lobster meat as such, but smoke the shells separately then allow it to infuse from there.

Fucking tremendous whatever they do

The lobster shells are smoked for 17 or 19 minutes then the meat is put in to infuse. Absolutely standout dish.

4 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

The lobster shells are smoked for 17 or 19 minutes then the meat is put in to infuse. Absolutely standout dish.

Heading there Thursday (and Friday again bizarrely so that the other people I’m with were able to go due to the tables available, but I’m not complaining). Will have the tasting one night then a la carte the next. Absolutely buzzing.