Nom Nom Nom

Kievs can be good but most supermarket ones are shite. The chicken is usually too dry and they often leak in the oven, leaving a meagre spread of garlic sauce over the meat.
Seen this the other day, yet to try it but it all makes sense! Screenshot_20200922_154141_com.twitter.android.jpg

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone have an Omni pizza maker?

I assume you mean Ooni, not trying to be a pedantic arsehole here, just dont know if there may be such a thing as an Omni..... However

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

My esteemed friend here is correct. And I would like to thank him for once again giving me a chance to heap praise on the Ooni pizza oven. I have the Koda which is gas only. Following the same principle as Barbecues, the wood pellet might impart* slightly better flavour, but the convenience and speed of gas means I use it way more than I would otherwise. 

Also, as far as bang for your buck and convenience go, I dont think you can do better really other than to build a big brick oven,  but even then, my belief is that you are into diminishing returns. 

*I read a load of forums before I bought. The wood flavour thing is debated. A lot of folk say that a thin pizza isnt in long enough for the fuel to make a blind bit of difference. 

TL;DR version.... Get it bought and you absolutely wont regret it. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I assume you mean Ooni, not trying to be a pedantic arsehole here, just dont know if there may be such a thing as an Omni..... However

My esteemed friend here is correct. And I would like to thank him for once again giving me a chance to heap praise on the Ooni pizza oven. I have the Koda which is gas only. Following the same principle as Barbecues, the wood pellet might impart* slightly better flavour, but the convenience and speed of gas means I use it way more than I would otherwise. 

Also, as far as bang for your buck and convenience go, I dont think you can do better really other than to build a big brick oven,  but even then, my belief is that you are into diminishing returns. 

*I read a load of forums before I bought. The wood flavour thing is debated. A lot of folk say that a thin pizza isnt in long enough for the fuel to make a blind bit of difference. 

TL;DR version.... Get it bought and you absolutely wont regret it. 

Yes Ooni; I realise you are not being a pedant.

Intend to move abroad next year where I will have more time to use it but getting 12 months practise (particularly at my age) might be beneficial.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes Ooni; I realise you are not being a pedant.

Intend to move abroad next year where I will have more time to use it but getting 12 months practise (particularly at my age) might be beneficial.

It's a fucking breeze tbh, but aye, it doesnt exactly take up much space it's very portable so get it bought now and get using it. Also, the other thing about gas powered, you can use it indoors (despite the manufacturers recommendation) I sometimes cook them in the garage if its pishing down outside. Maybe not for the kitchen, but garage is nae bother. Couldnt do that with the wood fired. 

I love a hot sauce and recently bought this gift box from South Devon Chili Farm. A sauce, a jam, a mash and chili chocolate made with ghost chillis. It’s alright in taste, and power.

However, I then asked around for recommendations and was recommend Phat Mike’s sauces. Not that hot, but possibly the tastiest hot sauce I’ve tried.

8F279E42-59FD-4EDA-BD16-9EEDC6BD1A83.jpeg

CE12FF18-D41E-4658-BBD0-C449D55457E8.jpeg

I love a hot sauce and recently bought this gift box from South Devon Chili Farm. A sauce, a jam, a mash and chili chocolate made with ghost chillis. It’s alright in taste, and power.
However, I then asked around for recommendations and was recommend Phat Mike’s sauces. Not that hot, but possibly the tastiest hot sauce I’ve tried.
8F279E42-59FD-4EDA-BD16-9EEDC6BD1A83.thumb.jpeg.d2816dd4f1d7c506cd80055b74e9ab37.jpeg
CE12FF18-D41E-4658-BBD0-C449D55457E8.thumb.jpeg.29dda089635f203b69d997f00eca9140.jpeg

Will be ordering some Phat Mikes to try, have you tried the ribmans holy f**k sauce? It's my go to, very tasty