Nom Nom Nom

Three mushroom risotto with venison & purple sprouting broccoli.

Love the process of making risotto, used porccinni, field & chestnut mushrooms. Also my first time using red wine instead of white.
Risotto was a bit wetter than I’d have liked but tasted fantastic.

IMG_7557.thumb.jpg.b1e674b86389bd4588ee7ad0f54052e0.jpg
Looks beautiful. Come to me.

Just finished a bachelors pasta and sauce for lunch. It was bought in March while doomsday prepping. 
I won't traumatise you with a photo. 
If you like feet flavoured slime then it's probably for you. I feel quite queasy. 

These used to be my Friday staple pre drinks scran, tomato and herbs pasta (packet) with 2 somerfields cheese and ham kievs. proper jakey tea, utterly fantastic

7 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

These used to be my Friday staple pre drinks scran, tomato and herbs pasta (packet) with 2 somerfields cheese and ham kievs. proper jakey tea, utterly fantastic

Kievs are underrated. I love a kiev coated with chilli sauce on a soft roll. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Cheese and brocoli flavour is tremen. 

Preach brother! 

32 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Kievs are underrated. I love a kiev coated with chilli sauce on a soft roll. 

Kievs can be good but most supermarket ones are shite. The chicken is usually too dry and they often leak in the oven, leaving a meagre spread of garlic sauce over the meat.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Preach brother! 

Kievs can be good but most supermarket ones are shite. The chicken is usually too dry and they often leak in the oven, leaving a meagre spread of garlic sauce over the meat

I find Sainsbury's reconstituted ones ok, but the wife usually buys the "whole breast" version (£4.50 for 2) which are easier to keep moist. They do still occasionally leak the garlic butter, but on the upside that makes them safer to eat in a bap. 

46 minutes ago, coprolite said:

but the wife usually buys the "whole breast" version (£4.50 for 2) which are easier to keep moist. 

You can quite possibly get 4 whole breasts and a selection of garlic butter for £4.50 individually. It's hypocritical of me considering some of the shite I waste money on that I could do myself but that is mental, IMVHO. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You can quite possibly get 4 whole breasts and a selection of garlic butter for £4.50 individually. It's hypocritical of me considering some of the shite I waste money on that I could do myself but that is mental, IMVHO. 

Yes, but it's already been sliced, stuffed, stuck back together, floured, egged and breadcrumbed for me.  Breadcrumbing in particular is messy and wasteful, so i'm happy to leave it to the highly paid professional chefs in Sainsbury's kitchens for a small premium. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Preach brother! 

Kievs can be good but most supermarket ones are shite. The chicken is usually too dry and they often leak in the oven, leaving a meagre spread of garlic sauce over the meat.

I saw a tip on Twitter, place the Kievs on bread which soaks up the butter.

13 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I had half a glass of home made cider last night and had to go for a lie down soon after.

Only 46 litres left to drink.

20200924_180638.jpg

Jakey bassa.

(OT: Proper Chicken Kyiv doesn't have any garlic butter at all. It's parsley butter.)

50 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

46 litres? Do you own an orchard!?

Looking at the bottles we have it's actually more like 24 litres. Dunno why I was told we had 46.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
55 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
I had half a glass of home made cider last night and had to go for a lie down soon after.
Only 46 litres left to drink.
20200924_180638.thumb.jpg.5517bd0cee89a99cd36550bd06e0d31e.jpg

Talk more to me about this

Husband bought a kit from the range I think and decided to give it a try. We used the flavour that came with the kit but despite it being strawberry & lime it tastes more like apple (think we used apple juice as a base). 

MiL and BiL can't decide whether it's dry or sweet but both agree it tastes like French cider. 

Haven't gotten round to defrosting my summer strawbs to make a proper strawberry and lime one.

10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Looking at the bottles we have it's actually more like 24 litres. Dunno why I was told we had 46.

Husband bought a kit from the range I think and decided to give it a try. We used the flavour that came with the kit but despite it being strawberry & lime it tastes more like apple (think we used apple juice as a base). 

MiL and BiL can't decide whether it's dry or sweet but both agree it tastes like French cider. 

Haven't gotten round to defrosting my summer strawbs to make a proper strawberry and lime one.

Superb. Welcome to the addictive world of turning thing you can buy at the supermarket into strong alcohol. 

If it's too dry, use sweetener, rather than sugar, since the yeast will consume the sugar as in the.carbonation process. This can be considered my only top tip for cider production