Nom Nom Nom

Just been for my first ever Five Guys (sorry no pics), and whilst it was really good it would have been the best part of £35 for burger, chips and a soft drink for the two of us if it wasnt for the government half price offer.

On 25/08/2020 at 19:41, spud131 said:

Just been for my first ever Five Guys (sorry no pics), and whilst it was really good it would have been the best part of £35 for burger, chips and a soft drink for the two of us if it wasnt for the government half price offer.

Better off getting a bone marrow burger from Morrisons & doing it yourself. Five Guys is overpriced pish.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

IMG_20200826_192746.thumb.jpg.ecb85269b412557be6356a1e7253fb90.jpg

The two deserts from tonight. Mango cheesecake was v v decent but the afro Caribbean rum cake was a delight. Especially the middle section that I got a 5 minute buzz off of. 

Sharing desserts poses an extremely high Covid transmission risk so I'm afraid I've had to report you to the First Minister.

@Nicola

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

IMG_20200826_192746.thumb.jpg.ecb85269b412557be6356a1e7253fb90.jpg

The two deserts from tonight. Mango cheesecake was v v decent but the afro Caribbean rum cake was a delight. Especially the middle section that I got a 5 minute buzz off of. 

I had the rum cake. What did you think generally? ( I won't mention "two deserts"...doh!)

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I had the rum cake. What did you think generally? ( I won't mention "two deserts"...doh!)

I thought it was lovely although I do think folk are going OTT with their reviews. Will definitely go back. 

Aye, Saharay about that. 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Looks lovely!

Reveal hidden contents

(Did you use a steak knife to eat it?)

Ha, was better than the photo made out! I did go a touch heavy on the lemon though.

1 hour ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

What’s your recipe for that?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smart-crab-linguine

Its in the recipe so you already know this, but just going by the pic, go with a good but more of the starchy water next time. You would be surprised how much of that a dish can take and not be watery. Pasta should not be held in place by a sauce. It gives a real silky quality too, just take the pasta to maybe 30 seconds from ready and launch it into the sauce to finish along with the water. It will all thicken slightly but wont bind

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its in the recipe so you already know this, but just going by the pic, go with a good but more of the starchy water next time. You would be surprised how much of that a dish can take and not be watery. Pasta should not be held in place by a sauce. It gives a real silky quality too, just take the pasta to maybe 30 seconds from ready and launch it into the sauce to finish along with the water. It will all thicken slightly but wont bind

Aye I had a decent amount of the pasta water in. The photo makes it look way stickier/firmer than it was.