Nom Nom Nom

Forget the recipe and tell me a bit about your method then

I’m sure you have Google. Try “slow cooker donner meat”. Think it was lamb mince, garlic, salt, some herbs. Maybe breadcrumbs. Mash it all together and think it was chilled for a bit. Put in slow cooker. Apologies for this pathetic response.

4 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Made slow cooked ox's cheek in a red wine and thyme gravy, with mustard mash, carrots and horseradish for tea. 

Was splendid

Sounds like something that the Addams family would eat. 

Made slow cooked ox's cheek in a red wine and thyme gravy, with mustard mash, carrots and horseradish for tea. 
Was splendid
You got a recipe for the ox cheek? I've got some in the freezer but not entirely sure what do with them! (other than that they will need to be slow cooked).

29 minutes ago, spud131 said:
1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:
Was splendid

You got a recipe for the ox cheek? I've got some in the freezer but not entirely sure what do with them! (other than that they will need to be slow cooked).

Stick them on a bed of roughly chopped onions, carrots, thyme, a bayleaf, and celery after browning them off (fnaarrr). 

Add a pint of beef stock and 100mls of red wine and braise (covered with foil) for at least 3 hours at 180 celcius (non fan-assisted). Use the remaining stock for gravy. 

Edited by Angusfifer