Nom Nom Nom

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, utterly seething with Mrs B last night tbh. Was planning to have a mother run at the langoustine ravioli I made the other week. Then she found out they get delivered live, at which point she decided she cant eat that anymore.

Dont even know where to start with that sort of logic.

Did she not see them moving around when you has the last batch?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, utterly seething with Mrs B last night tbh. Was planning to have a mother run at the langoustine ravioli I made the other week. Then she found out they get delivered live, at which point she decided she cant eat that anymore.

Dont even know where to start with that sort of logic.

Was on a date once where the lassie made me position the menu so it hid my plate. I had paella & the prawns were whole & was putting her off.

Fucking weirdo.

Today I have acquired/placed on order a bit of brisket for the smoker, a side of salmon for cold smoking, and some langoustines for my further adventures in genocide/ravioli making.

A week of top notch scran awaits me.

Castle Terrace in Edinburgh has packed it in due to COVID. Shame, was really good. Joins The Tower and a few others that have shut up for good.

Hope there isn’t a landslide now of great restaurants shutting.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

First ever attempt at bread, didn't turn out too bad. Perhaps slightly underbaked and has blown out on one side (think the oven was too hot) but actually tastes pretty good.

Might give it another try tomorrow but bake it at a slightly lower temp for a wee bit longer. IMG_20200630_161705.jpg.f038d55cb830dd7b19ee9e928902d3f2.jpgIMG_20200630_161712.jpg.815b8514ca288c4e0d832c6f658f68b8.jpg

First ever attempt at bread, didn't turn out too bad. Perhaps slightly underbaked and has blown out on one side (think the oven was too hot) but actually tastes pretty good.
Might give it another try tomorrow but bake it at a slightly lower temp for a wee bit longer. IMG_20200630_161705.jpg.f038d55cb830dd7b19ee9e928902d3f2.jpgIMG_20200630_161712.jpg.815b8514ca288c4e0d832c6f658f68b8.jpg

Welcome to a fairly addictive world.

Great effort. The blow out is the rise it's what you want to see, you can try to force it to come out the top instead by slashing the dough before you put it in the oven.
I had put a small cross on the top obviously not big enough. How deep to I want to score it next time?

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
58 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
My strawberry plants seems to have gone a bit mental. Not sure what to do with them all as I've still got jam from last year.
20200628_113827.thumb.jpg.bc59706a79600b04a915eb33fc598925.jpg

Cider

Go on...

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Go on...

Depends how much juice you can get obviously but if it's a decent amount, juice them, throw in some lime and a strong cup of tea. Il try to find out how much you need to get a decent specific gravity assuming you dont have a hydro meter? Then it's just a matter of lobbing some yeast in which is cheap and readily available and letting it ferment

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Depends how much juice you can get obviously but if it's a decent amount, juice them, throw in some lime and a strong cup of tea. Il try to find out how much you need to get a decent specific gravity assuming you dont have a hydro meter? Then it's just a matter of lobbing some yeast in which is cheap and readily available and letting it ferment

Certainly makes a change from making jam so would be very interested in giving it a go. There's still plenty of the things on the plants and I've got more in the freezer that I picked last week.