Nom Nom Nom

9 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Made two chicken pies in the last few months, both ended up runny even after thickening/reducing the filling and letting it sit for a good while. Any ideas/tips?

Is the steam getting out the pie okay?

If it's chicken and mushroom add dried mushroom to soak up liquid? crumble some in.  

Or milled flaxseed, I have packet of this, it's very dry. This could soak up the liquid also.

13 hours ago, mathematics said:

Paneer Firdousi

F1C08A7B-8A12-4D81-B22A-2BEA98278CE0.jpeg

That looks ace. My daughter is veggie and I would be too but Mrs Par loves the meat too much that it makes mealtimes a pain. We do a decent veggie chilli and I've been meaning to try and explore some veggie curries that have some sort of meat alternative - chunks of paneer could be ideal. You got a recipe for that? Or if I send you my address could you just post a tub of it? 

I have to say, maybe it's my scheme upbringing and uncultured palette but cheese which doesn't melt freaks the living shit out of me for some reason. 
Don't even get chips and cheese out the Blue Lagoon in Glasgow when you're pished then!

7 minutes ago, spud131 said:
46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
I have to say, maybe it's my scheme upbringing and uncultured palette but cheese which doesn't melt freaks the living shit out of me for some reason. 

Don't even get chips and cheese out the Blue Lagoon in Glasgow when you're pished then!

Don’t get anything from a Blue Lagoon, pished or sober.

Another bag of goodies arrived this morning straight from the trawler/fishing boat.  Got this big brill, that i've now managed to sort into 4 decent sized fillets, plus a lobster, 4 mackerel and a monkfish tail.  Happy meals for the next week or so.

P1030759.JPG

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

That looks ace. My daughter is veggie and I would be too but Mrs Par loves the meat too much that it makes mealtimes a pain. We do a decent veggie chilli and I've been meaning to try and explore some veggie curries that have some sort of meat alternative - chunks of paneer could be ideal. You got a recipe for that? Or if I send you my address could you just post a tub of it? 

Obviously I only made it because it has a nut gravy.

A09C9FA9-D5C6-4DEB-B595-E4E1AB0DDF93.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What's the cookbook bud? 

Costco special. 400 pages of curries split into regions of the world. Cost me about £27 and has been worth every penny.

ETA, should have cost about £27, clearly you can see what I paid for it.

86CC9512-6C97-4918-B98B-8C61B2005629.jpeg

Edited by mathematics

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Costco special. 400 pages of curries split into regions of the world. Cost me about £27 and has been worth every penny.

ETA, should have cost about £27, clearly you can see what I paid for it.

86CC9512-6C97-4918-B98B-8C61B2005629.jpeg

Superb, putting it on the to buy list if it's still available. Cheers

14 hours ago, mathematics said:

Tonight’s coconut prawn effort (minus the prawns) wasn’t too great. I bet it would have been better with prawns instead of tofu.

obviously anything is better than tofu.

5967A528-0BD5-4756-B4F3-B8FD44CF1922.jpeg

I quite like tofu, took me a while to be convinced but i like it, the key is to remove as much of the excess water as possible, i usually marinade it with hoisin, soy sauce and a squeeze of lime then fry it in the wok.