Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

How did you make the chapati?

250g bread flour, about 10g out of date yeast, about 10g salt, 10g caster sugar, 10g soft butter, tsp harissa paste (softer without, tastier with), 90-100ml water. Knead until smooth, leave for 90mins ina covered bowl (I lasted 45 minutes until my patience gave out), half, roll out flat, 2 minutes each side on an oiled frying pan.

4 hours ago, mathematics said:

250g bread flour, about 10g out of date yeast, about 10g salt, 10g caster sugar, 10g soft butter, tsp harissa paste (softer without, tastier with), 90-100ml water. Knead until smooth, leave for 90mins ina covered bowl (I lasted 45 minutes until my patience gave out), half, roll out flat, 2 minutes each side on an oiled frying pan.

On first read I thought date yeast was a vegan thing.

30 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hot smoked salmon Kedgeree and pear and apple crumble. Love a crumble.

34DA1391-C0C2-4022-915B-058C3B9108EF.jpeg

Did you make the kedgeree cold like a salad? If it's any good I wouldn't mind a brief recipe/list of ingredients. Just bought some hot smoked salmon from the fish van half an hour ago and I was wondering what to do with it.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you make the kedgeree cold like a salad? If it's any good I wouldn't mind a brief recipe/list of ingredients. Just bought some hot smoked salmon from the fish van half an hour ago and I was wondering what to do with it.

Yeah cold. It’s a bit of a b*****disation of Kedgeree but it had;

Hot Smoked Salmon

Rice

3 Hard Boiled Eggs

Roasted Onions and Leeks

Lemon Juice

Tikka Masala Powder

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
IMG_1139.thumb.jpg.9aa4ea900ca77ea11a3d324c329056dd.jpg

Mussels with a spicy bisque accompanied by roasted bruschetta with garlic rub

Where did you get the mussels? Seem to be unable to get that sort of thing just now

Thankfully we have a mobile fishmonger still operating around here. Free home delivery too.

https://www.theplattermerchant.co.uk/

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers. Falkirk might be too far for them but il ask! 

A lot of supermarkets seem to be closing their fish counters. Our Tesco has, so this has been handy.

3 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

A lot of supermarkets seem to be closing their fish counters. Our Tesco has, so this has been handy.

As most of the fish/seafood sold by supermarkets is already anything from 2 - 3 weeks old from the actual date of the catch, can i suggest you try and support local fishmonger businesses going forward.  They will have genuine "fresh" produce and the small amount extra paid is more than returned in the quality and taste of the fish or seafood.

Just an opinion.