Nom Nom Nom

Which machine did you get? I'd like one but I am worried about reliability if I buy too cheap.
Mines is cheap shit and iv had it for years. Dont worry about it. It's a very simple but of kit. I'd maybe benefit from a dearer one I dont know, but what I'd say in pasta making is skill and confidence in dough handling which you will be fine with, and speed of working which you will learn, are the important things. If you are good at throwing sheets of pasta about a cheap machine will do a good job.

Aye @MixuFixit, don't pay a fortune for one. It's a pretty simple piece of kit and unless it has extra elements there's little reason to pay as much as @Honest_Man#1 (all due respect). Look at second hand too, so many folk get these as wedding/housewarming presents and never use them. I got mine at a charity shop and my gf got hers from eBay, both around £20 and still had the plastic wrapping on them, unused and work perfectly

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan
Sergeant Wilson is a cheeky pedant

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Around £20 mate, it's right there. Had to get that plastic wrapping away from her airways quick smart though

Aye, you beat me to the edit. Pace, and when apply it, was never my strong point.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

22 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye @MixuFixit, don't pay a fortune for one. It's a pretty simple piece of kit and unless it has extra elements there's little reason to pay as much as @Honest_Man#1 (all due respect). Look at second hand too, so many folk get these as wedding/housewarming presents and never use them. I got mine at a charity shop and my gf got hers from eBay, both around £20 and still had the plastic wrapping on them, unused and work perfectly

£50 isn’t a fortune for a good piece of equipment. Fair play on finding one at a charity shop but not really possible just now, so the extra £30 for one that had mostly 5 star reviews wasn’t a big deal.

Made Mars bar cakes yesterday. Braw.

Also anyone has those Flamin Hot Tangy Cheese Doritos? Jesus Christ! Gives those Jalapeño and cheese Max strong a run for their money in the hotness Department. 

2C50EFC0-5808-48E7-889D-7764B8C37E60.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Rib eye steaks that have been marinating in a barbecue sauce all day.
The missus is doing the vegetables separately as she doesn’t trust me apparently.
A3508426-120F-4E25-B467-5DD310FF9742.thumb.jpeg.318bd4031f956b565babe52c5a1f6590.jpeg

You fucked up the mushrooms last time

True story.  The missus did three skewers of veg and dropped one on the floor.

Fucking Karma, yeah!

ETA first time I’ve done rib eyes on the barbecue, it won’t be the last.  They were exceptional.

Edited by Granny Danger

On 30/04/2020 at 15:35, throbber said:

chicken thighs

phenomenal things - so much better than breast (leave it) for making curries or anything else chicken related come to that; if you can find a butcher who will bone and skin the fucking things, that is....