Nom Nom Nom

22 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Aye. Sylvia is 5 years old this year. She's my second sourdough starter, Maria lived for about 3 years before that but succumbed to an unrecoverable fungal infection. RIP.

I don't know why people say sourdough bakers are weirdos.

I am going to give it a go.

I have watched a couple of YouTube videos. It looks a bit messy. Do you use a bit marble to mix the dough on? Just on your bunker? It's just sticky looking. 

I have bought 10kg of chapati flour the other day, I usually just make flatbread. I was thinking of using that.

29 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'll take it.

My goal in life is to replicate a loaf I had in France once that had more oil and salt in it than I thought was possible so I'm basically never happy with the results!

At culinary college we used to not prove the dough in warm areas. Usually leave it overnight cool & the yeast made the flavour.

Maybe try that.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Amalgamating a few posts I've made about it:

Also on reading back I have misremembered Sylvia's age, she's only about a year old which means Maria was my 5 year starter and I can't remember the name of the one that was 3 years before that!

Thanks for that.

Pretty similar to this video I watched. An Irish guy.

One thing though, how dd you know you had a fungal problem? Was it the smell or something you could see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=2FVfJTGpXnU&feature=emb_logo

46 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Pizza quiche, splendid. Chorizo, mushroom, onion, mozzarella and black olives.

AVuccfzzhPO4zz5erOQ3XdIdIF2aSGcts8hF2fdqdlGeVKpuapKU3gB0vPsv6zLciXJMQCZAusXeQnI8nLEIJX6trAI_TlAk4qxaVBJfAjP14PyXmqaDcryJDMZo_EVJlAzra0H9bFoPPPl086AmWik7v3RO1h6lM7Vy03KZHWnmX5VYVWb-Hs4wS5xIWP3Ccreb6oHBNPNB7XP8EyEOcvK63dGWTmGU4EVPAYhpIHaSn2Y2rhWJkgd-taB7GAZkfZPc0s79P-V4GeT0USrdLlptx0XyhNSzhNR-K5ldt1lTtMrYa-i4N0HmpPDYcoBIg5Lmq6zL_nkrfb66-C6f7a-wKj9dDU2C_Adtdi3QtykVx5tLr_bC4TDFPSXeXr2zsloHnPGhpg85C0W3CcUZ4w0gCGymJIwv-uVHWo5W0eIhnRMfCBWa2kpQe9PCIvrE0qzZUv4vB_teihW60uULQaSfqMN4WiqWmIZLrflZn2auEGHza74rIl3Ci2t_k-_CaI9X1wLRTd9ARz5F2JtfHRi9sxHE8a-XO_0MkhhYbCDmEhQvzdIQ-C55BkPy0oZbj0I6Adslgwr2WGLnBA2_tGBKCFLFj7XNzdZ8T3halIIzS_IH249Pjq9wfGcIznwFR6PllW5I3PA3ZpK5yw7gRFNEftrED6LwyM4LprcUK1EdrvhJB14uMklHthcP=w810-h903-no

That looks and sounds excellent. Will need to give that a go sometime.

Sausage and haggis rolls here. Just been glazed, about to go on a tray and into the oven.

05A7790F-130F-4A42-8019-E4AF60383E94.jpeg

Edited by 8MileBU

43 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That looks and sounds excellent. Will need to give that a go sometime.

Sausage and haggis rolls here. Just been glazed, about to go on a tray and into the oven.

05A7790F-130F-4A42-8019-E4AF60383E94.jpeg

Before and after. 

Such a jaikie tea but fucking fantastic! Proud of my (and the bairn’s) efforts.

F0001290-63BD-45D9-8EA2-FD8E71E76ABA.jpeg

Made roasted red pepper hummus and flatbread to eat it with. Probably better than shop bought efforts  I’ve had in the past tbh.
Homemade houmous is one of those things that's in a different league to the shop stuff, which I like fine, but when you make it yourself its absolutely bursting with flavour in comparison.