Nom Nom Nom

A fish platter comprising smoked salmon, flaked salmon, salmon pate and prawns.  Served with warm crusty bread and M&S chilli sauce.  To drink - semi-sec cava.

Edited by Granny Danger

Making me pine for my holiday out west last year where I ate stuff like this every day.
A more continental style of eating, which to his credit is often what Granny Danger describes isbright up my street. We have it so wrong in this country IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A more continental style of eating, which to his credit is often what Granny Danger describes isbright up my street. We have it so wrong in this country IMO.

I love eating abroad.  Usually eat far later, al fresco wherever possible.  It’s a different experience, largely due to the climate imo.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I love eating abroad.  Usually eat far later, al fresco wherever possible.  It’s a different experience, largely due to the climate imo.

Aye. Exactly that. I am generally forced to eat early on, 4 ish usually as that's when the kids are hungry and it suits their bath and before time etc but will push them later as they get older. I live nothing more than waiting till like half seven eight o'clock and sitting down with some good scran and wine. Even better outside if possible as you say. 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye. Exactly that. I am generally forced to eat early on, 4 ish usually as that's when the kids are hungry and it suits their bath and before time etc but will push them later as they get older. I live nothing more than waiting till like half seven eight o'clock and sitting down with some good scran and wine. Even better outside if possible as you say. 

Fucking hell. I need to eat about 6.30 now cause of the kids and I thought that was early! 4 o’clock would do me in. 8pm my ideal too. I feel for you. 

25 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Tarbert, Machrihanish and round there.

Maybe going off topic, but as much as Scotland is beautiful I find the weather off putting, both the general climate and the uncertainty of what you’re going to get.  I’ll take a long, drawn-out meal on a balmy evening ahead of many of lives simple pleasures.  Sadly too few are available in our home land. 

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

HOW DO YOU KEEP THE BOTTOM OF THE PASTRY FROM GOING SOGGY?!

Apologies for the outburst, that looks great, and mine just won’t stay dry at the bottom.

Thought you became Ramsay for a moment.

Flour & oil the baking tray.

Interesting, I will try that next time. Thank you.

Yes, apologies, should have mentioned this to you when you asked for the recipe.

FWIW I cheated with this one, it was shop bought from Aldi. I was painting the outdoor stairs yesterday so I didn’t want to have to make one from scratch. Initially went to get a beef rib joint my girlfriend had saw a couple of days previously, but at £28, I couldn’t justify spending that for dinner for just the two of us.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Aye. Sylvia is 5 years old this year. She's my second sourdough starter, Maria lived for about 3 years before that but succumbed to an unrecoverable fungal infection. RIP.

I don't know why people say sourdough bakers are weirdos.

You are a weird for supporting Hibs.

But you're a cracking baker.